Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Until we get a proper DM in he is the best we've got.

His shooting is cack but his positional play and ground work is important in allowing our more creative players to do what they do best. Him and Tanguy seem to work together well as well. He's certainly been one of the brighter players in this slump granted most of that is due to sheer determination rather than extravagant skill.

I’ll take that any day over lazy skilled players like CE.

IF we win then you know it could really be a reset.

IF we win Pochettino may have got away with some weird calls.

BUT this is no gimme. I just say this. Kane will be itching to score, Son will be wanting to repay the faith and support afforded to him by the fans and Alli is inching back to form.

Add the new 3 and whisper it quietly but you know.

BUT we have to win or it's back to S1.

Must win game, no doubt about it whatsoever.

Poch must be brave and show that he is willing to stick with the same winning team and play our new signings, no excuses now, if he reverts back to type then there really is no coming back from that, it would be utterly inexcusible.

I don't want to see Eriksen in the side anymore, he is causing a stink around the team, I don't often agree with Rio Ferdinand but what he said last night was spot on, he said:

“I do believe that when players are unsettled and you hear noises in the media, you have to just get them out, get rid, because it can be cancerous. It spreads the wrong message around the squad and it doesn’t bode well for the team.

“This is an example of that. When you have unsettled players, get them out the door and bring in players who actually want to be at your football club.”

IF and that is a very big IF Poch wants to keep his job and really take us to the next level then he must, MUST drop Eriksen and give players who want to actually be here a chance to show what they are capable of, no more of this favourites bullshit, he did the favourites thing at Southampton as well, I would even go as far to say that he should find a way to get Dier and Sanchez in the team as well, think they have earned it.

If he just keeps picking the names rather than picking team based on form then it sends players the message that no matter how hard they work they won't get in the team which just isn't good and goes against apparently what Poch has been praised for all these years, giving people a chance.

I don't want to hear anymore bullshit about fitness either, Ndombele and Lo Celso are perfectly capable of playing 90 mins of football every weekend, even with a midweek game, if he wants them fitter, keep playing them, that simple, the fitness thing is just a bullshit excuse to rotate his favourites in imo.

I know he probably feels he has a loyalty to Eriksen because of how good he has been for us over the years but I say fuck all that, Eriksen threw his toys out of the pram and Poch has to do what's best for the team and for this club, you can see even after his goal last night, he wasn't happy, the players around him barely celebrated and the fans looked more pissed off than happy, we don't need that negativity around the team.

Until we get a proper DM in he is the best we've got.

His shooting is cack but his positional play and ground work is important in allowing our more creative players to do what they do best. Him and Tanguy seem to work together well as well. He's certainly been one of the brighter players in this slump granted most of that is due to sheer determination rather than extravagant skill.

His positional play is poor and his ground work invariably consists of watching people run off him and score.

How can you say him and Ndombele work well, did you not see the Everton game ? We were abysmal.

We have a better potential option in Skipp but Poch has lost his bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom