Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve been a staunch Poch supporter but he has to go. It’s disgraceful that Dier/Davies we’re paired on the left and how Dier wasn’t subbed off when Spurs when up 1-0 is criminal. His refusal to use Lucas until it doesn’t matter anymore is also insane.

11 points off 4th if Leicester win tonight and STILL no sign of any consistency. Between Poch's constant team changes and awful sub/tactic changes mid game I am struggling to see how things will improve.

Really struggling to understand all the negativity and pessimism on the forums. I still genuinely believe we can stay up, I really do.

I think it's funny that when Poch puts out the team that his detractors wanted, they have to resort to slating his training methods
And the state of his marriage
And the chemical balance of the players

At least with Hoddle it was just his obsession with reincarnation

I wonder when people will work out that teams that play in brand new expensive stadiums are also teams that dont have an endless supply of money to buy the top performing footballers and the managers become like chefs that have to continue to serve up meals on poorer quality ingredients.

The best chefs are ones that can make tasty food out of the cheapest cuts and leftovers, no?

It’s not just that our football is bad, but more worrying is that we aren’t doing basics like pressing and working coherently without the ball, which is nothing to do with raw footballing talent, it’s basic coaching and getting players to apply themselves.

Five years ago Poch ditched more naturally talented purchased players like Capoue, Adebayor, Paulinho and replaces them with raw hungry kids like Mason, Bentaleb and Kane because they would at least do the basics better.

It’s no longer people like Klopp and Guardiola that are making Poch look ordinary. When people like Potter, Wilder, Emery are, it’s a worry.

Yesterday went way past the methodical tedium of AVB, and the lottery laughs of Redknapp, it was a descent into the utter chaos of Sherwood.

Worrying.

Dele Eriksen Son behind Kane, time to fck up those Sheffield muppets!
giphy.gif

I'm Tottenham through and through, but if that goal is not given, it's absolute bullshit, just like it was bullshit when Son's goal v Leicester wasn't given.

Davies and Aurier in an attacking sense are absolutely atrocious. Cant fucking cross for shit and it is infuriating to watch. Give Foyth a run of games at RB now and prey to God Sess can be decent at Left back.

Remember that split second when we were 2-0 up against Leicester in September... and then we weren't 'cos of Sons eyelash? that was where we peaked... it's been downhill ever since!
Weirdly, that day we capitulated and lost after VAR went against us...
Today, Sheff Utd went again and equalised (again) after the same marginal decision went AGAINST them.
It's all in the mentality.... which we are sadly lacking in since the CL Final... how'd that happen?

Still... apparently it's 'only' a game innit?

It’s no longer people like Klopp and Guardiola that are making Poch look ordinary. When people like Potter, Wilder, Emery are, it’s a worry.

This. In a nutshell

Back
Top Bottom