Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brazil and Argentina have already qualified for the 2022 World Cup.
But there are still 2 more direct qualification places up for grabs, and one indirect place (play-off).
The countries vying for these remaining places would expect every country fields its strongest team.
These are competitive games, the countries have a right to demand the players are made available, and likewise, the players have aright to go.
They might have the right to go but after this season they absolutely shouldn’t

Surprised Gio didn't get minutes against West Ham. Hopefully it is not because he hasn't shown Conte the required application in training (there are rumours he is looking at getting back to Spain). It might just be that Conte is working him hard after a long injury absence, and he's not quite ready.

Hopefully he'll get a chance, because if Conte can get a performance out of Winks, he should be able to get Gio going. As Conte said, we need to be better in possession. A fit and motivated Lo Celso could help us with that.
Gio is our most overrated player. He hasn’t shown any ability since joining other than the odd goal. He wants Spain because it requires less work and fitness.

They might have the right to go but after this season they absolutely shouldn’t
Why? It's a FIFA rule and part of all players contracts.
Do you also think England players shouldn't be allowed to play for their country?
Try signing a player and telling him he can only play for his country when the club thinks it's ok.

Where is this confirmed? Can't see anywhere as seems strange as 3pm Sat k/o is never televised...
Sunday 26th December 2021
15:00
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace
Premier League
BT Sport 1
17:30
Aston Villa v Chelsea
Premier League
Sky Sports Main EventSky Sports Premier LeagueSky Sports Ultra HDSky Showcase
20:00
Brighton & Hove Albion v Brentford
Premier League
Sky Sports Main EventSky Sports Premier LeagueSky Sports Ultra HD

Live Premier League On TV Schedule

Hugo
Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Winks - Skipp - Reguilon
Lucas - Kane - Son

I believe we'll go 3-4-3 in this one since we have the upper hand to Palace. Hopefully we gt some revenge for that 3-0 we took...

3-1 Spurs.
Midfield not strong enough for 343, need a 352 really to have some sort of control.

I hope this game goes ahead, keep the momentum going, we have enough games to catch up on.
I'm optimistic for a win.
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

Really hard to predict the lineup given how Conte is managing the squad given the COVID outbreak, injuries and the busy schedule over the next 4 weeks. Considering what he's been able to do with players I thought were on the way out for one reason or another (Dier, Davies, Winks, Dele, Bergwijn, Sessegnon, etc..) I'm just along for the ride at this point.

Given our recent performances, Palace is a team we should be comfortably beating at home, so I am expecting something in the 2-0, 3-1 range for Spurs. Looking forward to it.

Why? It's a FIFA rule and part of all players contracts.
Do you also think England players shouldn't be allowed to play for their country?
Try signing a player and telling him he can only play for his country when the club thinks it's ok.
I’m not saying they cannot play for their country, just that they should think twice about these specific games.

And yes, I thought Kane should have binned off the recent set of internationals too (San Marino) and spent the time building his fitnesss/strength at Spurs Lodge

"Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 14 league games on Boxing Day (W11 D3) since a 2-0 loss at Portsmouth in 2003-04. It's the longest ongoing unbeaten run on this day by any side within the top four tiers of English football"

The home fixture. Almost unbelievable to read that squad:
Starting XI: Lloris (c), Royal, Dier, Tanganga, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Winks, Dele, Lucas, Kane. Substitutes: Gollini, Doherty, Gil, Rodon, Ndombele, Davies, Omole, Markanday, Scarlett.

Of course Dier got injured early and Zaha tore Royal apart and we lost 3-0.

Back
Top Bottom