Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm fairly certain Palace don't meet the criteria for a postponement. Otherwise, there wouldn't be this leaking to the Palace media and pressure to call it off.

And what exactly is the criteria? Goons had 4 cases and had to play?
I thought it was 13 fit players including a goalkeeper?

ps the cricket is going well!

Not sure this is the right place to post this or not but I am fan from the US was planning to come to the game against CP and I tried to resell but no luck so I have 5 tickets for the match - I am willing to give them to someone who will use them - no strings attached - Merry Christmas. They are E-tickets and I can forward you the information - first person to message me will get them - this is not a scam :)

Amateur hour by the PL.

Their guidelines on this is as clear as mud.

Its obvious CP want this game called off. Whilst Im all for precautions, relying on a Club to provide updates in the hours ( not days ), before a game is nonsense.

For me, I would be pissed off, but nothing compared to the fans preparing to attend.

As mentioned by a poster above, the PL should send out independent testing contractors. Otherwise, this will lead to Clubs playing mind games right up until kickoff.

Last edited:
They just had a meeting that said 13 fit players and you play.

Now it’s become, “oh I can’t field my preferred line up, let’s pretend we have a Covid outbreak”

Are we going to have 10 games in hand by February? Give us the 3-0 then and see if they can’t play…

giphy.gif

Mirror, Mail etc reporting it too.

I caused a household row by saying I wanted to go to the game instead of my inlaws. They actually said not to worry, they'll come here with food etc and we'll eat when I get home.

Be a bit bad if they do that and then the poxy game is called off so I might throw in the towel now and say I won't go regardless.

It’s mind blowing that we’re a few weeks into multiple fixtures getting postponed and the FA/EPL still haven’t put out any clear guidelines around what happens when.
They should have just suspended this section of games through the new year and allowed everyone to get their houses in order and circuit break.

That said, we are three weeks on from us getting a break out and clubs clearly aren't doing enough to stop this from escalating.

It's so stupid, they had a meeting on Monday to clarify all of this and here they are going round in circles again.

Knew it was gonna be a problem when Viera started talking in his press conference about COVID cases (I'll put the feelers out there).

They should have just suspended this section of games through the new year and allowed everyone to get their houses in order and circuit break.

That said, we are three weeks on from us getting a break out and clubs clearly aren't doing enough to stop this from escalating.
Dunno if you noticed but everyone is catching this Omicron shit...

Back
Top Bottom