Tottenham Vs Nottingham Forest - Sunday 7th April, 6pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham will...

• Total voters
More fluid going forward, but amorphous when they counter and leave overloads in space.

Was a situation where vdv had elanga and another player behind him, free as birds, as he was marking someone else and there was no effort to deal with it.

Rubbish cross came over for elanga, thankfully.

I might post s screeny of it later, as it was shocking tbh.
Cranston Cranston 👇

WYyvOpL.jpeg

Yikes.

I’ve only been twice and I’ll be honest it was nothing like WHL for atmosphere.

If you price out a lot of the hardcore that make noise regardless of winning, then you don’t have a real belief in winning installed in the fanbase, it’s inevitable that you have a very “safe” fanbase.

The trumpet helps but that huge stand needs some success now. It’s just reality.

I think that the comparison has to be with other modern stadia. On that basis, the new WHL stands up well against the other Ginormodromes. The architects have managed to create a cauldron for the footy, and the players are not tiny dots on the horizon. Also, there is Star Wars music.

For those who like staying up late to watch Tyson Fury clumsily beat up some nameless dude three sizes smaller than him, the stadium works OK for that sort of thing as well.

It is reasonably easy to get in and out of the stadium, the signposting is clear enough, and the stairways, lifts etc seem to do their staircasy and lifty things. The catering is not bad by sports ground standards, the food and drink prices are high but not insanely high, and you can actually get to the loo (no longer a right old khazi), grab some scoffs and a pint, and still be back in your seat when the second half begins.

I quite like the Korean chicken. Hey, is there some sort of K-vibe at this club? What's all that about, eh?

We do this too often for it to be a mistake.

Part of the reason VdV and Romero look so good is, as well as both being great players, we get so narrow, nothing can get past them.

We play a system that protects certain positions and exposes others.
Must be.

Hard to get used to though... and super dicey, as not sure our level of concentration can support it and it's super easy to exploit.

Back
Top Bottom