Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still trying to understand why AVB picked the team he did. Only reason I can think of is that he wanted more defensive qualtities on the pitch and decided Livermore would be safer than Holtby. Still strange because it meant playing Dembele out of position. AVB can be too cautious at times.

Still trying to understand why AVB picked the team he did. Only reason I can think of is that he wanted more defensive qualtities on the pitch and decided Livermore would be safer than Holtby. Still strange because it meant playing Dembele out of position. AVB can be too cautious at times.

To be fair it would've worked out perfectly bar 2 individual errors, and you can't prepare for them.

Obviously disappointing with the result, but if I was given the option of 2 wins and 1 defeat out of Arse (H), Inter (H) & 'Pool (A), this is the game I would've chosen to lose.

Thought Dembélé played excellently despite being out of position.

Bit perplexed at anyone thinking the penalty was soft.
Time to comfort myself with a large packet of custard creams :llorishuh:

suarez is a cunt. but he is perfect evidence of how a top class striker can make the difference. Without him the would be bottom ten no doubt.

I know they are different sort of players, but contrast his performance with defoe's today.

oh well, it was a shame that it was our errors which gave them the victory rather than them playing particularly well. I did think they pressed and were organised and will give many teams a problem at home (if they turn up like they did today).

Do you know what, HAD we have gone 3-1 up, and assuming we still had 2 monumental fuck-ups in us towards the end of the game, 3-3 would've hurt as much as 2-3.... Though that lost point might come back to haunt us in May!

The only way to redress today's catastrophe is to go on another 4 month unbeaten run, that'll take us nicely into next September!!!!!

Liverpool are now 2 points behind Woolwich, I'll easily forget this if the scourers finish above them.

IF that happens, and we finish Top 4, then AVB is a tactical genius, and all of today's nonsense will be forgotten....
Mind you, I still can't help thinking that some Far-Eastern syndicate is a couple of grand richer after today's 'uncharacteristic' mistakes!!!!

Back
Top Bottom