Tottenham vs Liverpool (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich, Inter and Liverpool in the space of a week is too much to handle (for me I mean, not the team)

Anyone else nervous? I'm more nervous than before Woolwich Wanderers and Inter MeNan.

Not so much nervous, but cautious. I was nervous as hell before Woolwich. But I think that was because it was them more than the fact that I was worried about losing, I knew we were better than them. And deep down I knew we could beat them.

We have it in us to beat Liverpool, but they are a funny inconsistent side, and certainly have it in them to turn it on against us. They gave us a good run for our money at the lane.

Should be a close game.

Not so much nervous, but cautious. I was nervous as hell before Woolwich. But I think that was because it was them more than the fact that I was worried about losing, I knew we were better than them. And deep down I knew we could beat them.

We have it in us to beat Liverpool, but they are a funny inconsistent side, and certainly have it in them to turn it on against us. They gave us a good run for our money at the lane.

Should be a close game.
Yes they do run hot and cold at times, very inconsistant! Hoping that the team not getting too weary. Two big wins in under a week lot to take in!

I fully trust the manager to get our tactics spot on on Sunday and for our players to heed his instructions to the letter. We are better than them and have been all season. They've smashed a load of average sides recently but don't let that fool you. The only way I can see them beating us is through a peace of individual brilliance or a long range Gerrard screamer.

They'll give Lucas the job of looking after bale which may well nullify him. Two problems though. 1. Lucas is only recently back in the side and I guarantee he'll tire faster than bale over 90 mins. As long as we're still I'm the game around 75 mins this should prove telling. 2. Bale will drift around which should open up space for dembele and siggy to cut straight through the middle.

I just really really hope jermain's got his shooting boots on this Sunday. He missed some pretty easy chance on Thursday

I'm not surprised but expectations seem high, too high for me. I'm not confident about this game at all and would be happy with a draw at their place.

I'm obviously missing something here. The whole world and its dog are tipping Liverpool to turn us over here, why? . Ok i will grant you Liverpool are on the up but, we still have a far superior squad and have been getting results. Yes it is at their place, but Anfield isnt the fortress it once was. What happend to the saying that winning promotes winning, its a typical British press thing that if someone or something is doing well then we need to put them down. We are on our best run in Premiership history, a run that can continue. I dont think i have read or heard on positive prediction for Spurs in this game in the media. I just hope the Lads that are picked for tomorrows game are reading all this negative shite and give the "This is Anfield" plaque the middle finger.
COYS.

I have a feeling this will be a tricky one for us, but at the moment I think we have a belief in ourselves and an attitude to keep fighting till the last minute, if I had to predict a score I'd say 2-2, will be a tough game but we certainly have the quality to win there all going well.

Leaving us just to deal with Woolwich and Chelsea
Cue Moyes's saying, "What about us?" Everton have two fewer points in the past 10 league matches than Liverpool or Woolwich, so I wouldn't say they're spiraling out of control. They're not currently dropping points in the PL to Wigan… they're dropping out of the FA Cup.

Nor do I think their upcoming visit to WHL is going to be an automatic three points for us.

Back
Top Bottom