Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we build on the effort and strike attack we showed in the second half today and PEH stops piddling around and gets focussed on attack and we play Bale through the whole match and Coco gets some quality time on the pitch we can easily win this on Sunday.

Unless Dele has said he doesn't want to risk an injury before the end of the season I think he may start the final.

Very interesting selection for Mason coming up. I think the back 4 could be set now. Hjolberg and Tanguy you would think would be certains along with Son and Kane.

Leaves 2 up for grabs for me and as I said unless Dele is asking not to play so he can move on I think it could be him with either Lucas or Bale the final man.

Yep! It’s just 11 against 11...

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

Unless Dele has said he doesn't want to risk an injury before the end of the season I think he may start the final.

Very interesting selection for Mason coming up. I think the back 4 could be set now. Hjolberg and Tanguy you would think would be certains along with Son and Kane.

Leaves 2 up for grabs for me and as I said unless Dele is asking not to play so he can move on I think it could be him with either Lucas or Bale the final man.
Very little chance Dele plays imo. I'd guess he's nowhere near conditioned enough to play an important, difficult game like this. I'd like to be wrong, but in training videos and his last few appearances he's looked really bad physically.

Very little chance Dele plays imo. I'd guess he's nowhere near conditioned enough to play an important, difficult game like this. I'd like to be wrong, but in training videos and his last few appearances he's looked really bad physically.
Agreed: I was half-expecting Dele for Tanguy or GLC today for that bit of creativity, but it was Winks for some running around instead. Dele plays if we’re getting hammered as he has a goal in him - otherwise I’d say it’s pretty much as tonight with Kane for Lucas - maybe Winks for GLC.

Have I missed something? Is Kane going to be fit? If not I think it will be the same starting 11. Whatever the team, I really cannot see us winning but it may be closer than people think. Can see it going to extra time.

Obviously, we are not going to win this... But fuck it, I want to see the players dying for the win. Show some bravery and attacking football, so it will be at least a spectacle when we are going down.

Obviously, we are not going to win this... But fuck it, I want to see the players dying for the win. Show some bravery and attacking football, so it will be at least a spectacle when we are going down.

We are going to win, I've watched football long enough to know when a great story is about to happen. Ryan Mason having to retire early then taking over temporary charge at Spurs and winning his first trophy at age 29 is such a story.

We are going to win, I've watched football long enough to know when a great story is about to happen. Ryan Mason having to retire early then taking over temporary charge at Spurs and winning his first trophy at age 29 is such a story.
When it's about what is the better story we would have won the CL in 2019...

My biggest fear for this game is our fullbacks.

City create overloads in the wide areas all the time, get to the byline and cut it back.
Foden and Sterling normally do well against us because we are weak in the fullback areas.

I really don't know how we counter that. Reguilon has been really poor last few games and Aurier is, well Aurier.
I know Reguilon won a bet and ate some jamon iberico for keeping Mahrez quiet, he's going to have to find that level of performance again for Sunday.

Amazon on standby ?

Dance Party GIF

We live inside their heads as a bit of a bogey team.
Can see them rotating more for this than we will. At the end of the day this will come down to desire.
Just like Zagreb showed us.

Back
Top Bottom