Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thankfully I didnt see this because of family commitments - a couple of years back id have made my excuses and still watched the game. This year, with all the shite we've had to go through I just thought - no, id honestly rather have a few beers and laughs without watching another Spurs disappointment with all the crap that goes with it, VAR etc. So all ive got to go on is the stats - 21 shots to 2, yes they are an excellent side but Jesus, thats not even competing. Line up : dont understand Bale on the bench (isnt he here for these kind of games, hasnt he scored in bigger finals than this?), thought Dele might have come in but also no. Subs : do not understand the Sissoko one at all, but then again I never really understand why he is a choice to change any game other than to come on and run around a lot when defending a lead.

Its all just very depressing and predictable. Poch made it clear the rebuild was needed - ENIC disagreed and threw him under the bus for 18 months with NO new players and here we are. Cant understand why anyone worth their salt would want to come and manage this lot with a chairman who doesnt get rid of players that are surplus, and buys players the manager doesnt want.
Aye, same. I was out with the wife all day and couldn’t get away to watch the game.

I watched us v Southampton and saw enough mate. Love Kane, have tons of respect for Hugo, the rest: ✌️

That's down to the ref not doing his job properly. Everyone in the media wanks themselves silly over pep and Manchester oil barons but every match they use tactical fouling to stop the opposition if the refs were any good they'd book every challenge. This cunt didnt. Dont get me wrong we were shite today but I cant give any plaudits to a team built on dodgy oil money that should be winning everything. I'd like to see pep do what he does without buying his way to tainted glory
This is right.

All the top teams that like to press high are masters of tactical fouling. If they don't get the ball quickly, they will do a little foul high up the pitch where it doesn't look like a bad tackle but allows the rest of the players to get back into a defensive shape. It's just that referees don't do anything about it because they don't look like dirty fouls. If tactical fouls were punished with yellows, these teams that like pressing high up the pitch would be fucked.

The city v psg game will be riddled with tactical fouls, neither team will allow the other to get on a fast break. Leipzig and Liverpool are 2 other teams that use tactical fouling because they press high up.

This is what we are all about. This is our club.
Yea and its fucking depressing, if we were getting away with cheap tickets and had recently been promoted or something like west spam then you could accept it....but we were one of the big 6 that helped create the Premier league and we are basically a laughing stock....
At this point I'm so fucked off with this shit, I would welcome owners like man city's to actually give us a chance and some enjoyment from this game that I used to love. Levy has started to poison me against this beautiful game that I have loved for over 35 years.....fuck levy, enic, Lewis and obviously sissoko....all cunts ...
In fact only loris, Alderweireld, ndombele, son and kane and maybe bale and possibly alli are even close to being good enough imo......

Can't be bothered catching up on this thread...the ridiculous vitriol during the match was enough.

I don't get the team choices today or the subs but there we go. I don't understand why, particularly in the second half, we didn't just go for it. We were expected to lose anyway so just have a go.

But there we go.

The absolutely childish and pathetic name calling from even before kick off (Wanks, Shitsoko, etc) should result in cardings though.

Except for Don Giovanni Don Giovanni obvs

Blimey, bit brave of the social media team to post the 'highlights' on YouTube.
:pochshock:

They had to have the highlights ready in case we won.

You know, so we can have a DVD of our first cup win in 13 years.

Happy Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

The outlook is solidly downwards..Son and Kane sure to be gone. It would take an absolute magician to rebuild this team in one transfer window
The scary thing is not Kane and Son going, the scary thing is Kane and Son deciding they need to leave Tottenham to reach their ambitions and offers commensurate with their ambitions not materializing.

Neither player is the top pick of the clubs who could pay what they're worth. Both situations are Christian Eriksen's waiting to happen.

How I'm going to end up feeling about the outlook for the future of the club will really come down to who gets appointed manager. It will really demonstrate the level of ambition going forward.

At the moment though I'm quite pessimistic. It feels like our Champions League years were a blip and we're back to being a mid-table team. Very depressing to be back here after looking like we'd progressed.

Other than Aurier and Sissoko, I can't really fault the players for that performance. I don't buy this nonsense about how flat and uninspired we were; I just think we're not a good footballing team right now, and haven't been since about December 2018.

Even 7th in the League flatters us. Leeds and Arse play better than us, we just have Kane and Son.

How I'm going to end up feeling about the outlook for the future of the club will really come down to who gets appointed manager. It will really demonstrate the level of ambition going forward.

At the moment though I'm quite pessimistic. It feels like our Champions League years were a blip and we're back to being a mid-table team. Very depressing to be back here after looking like we'd progressed.
There just needs to be some sort of a plan. We cannot keep pretending we can fix what was irrevocably shattered by Summer 2018.

There just needs to be some sort of a plan. We cannot keep pretending we can fix what was irrevocably shattered by Summer 2018.
Agree but i'm not convinced the club does. I get the feeling Levy still thinks we have a great squad and need someone to get the best out of them.

Instead of gutting and rebuilding it which is what i think we need.

Appointing managers is the easy part.

Back
Top Bottom