TOTTENHAM V red scum plastic wankers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I stayed in Tottenham after the game to do my food shopping in Sainsbury's. Put it this way, I wasn't the only one singing 'He's one of our own' and 'Tottenham Boys are making all the noise' whilst I filling up my trolley!
Sorry haven't had a chance to read the posts, but this was my take on the game.
Thought we totally mullered them. Apart from the goal, they didn't have a shot in the first half. We totally dominated every part of the game, and I was proud of every single player, they all played their hearts out, which is all I ask. How we didn't win that game by a huge margin, I'll never know. The character of the team has improved in leaps and bounds, they just kept plugging away until the well-deserved goals came. As chance after chance went begging, I thought it was going to be one of those games, but fortune favours the brave and no-one is braver than our own Harry Hotspur (he should change his surname by deed poll!). You can just see from his face that he feels exactly the same as we do. Atmosphere was electric, I sung so much, am feeling slightly hoarse, totally worth all the tension and heartstopping moments. I think I must have hugged everyone in the Paxton today.
Thank you God for Poch, thank you for Harry and thank you for that result. These are the days we all live for. TTID.

119883-morpheus-he-is-the-one-gif-Img-3Ol6.gif

:kaneear::kaneshh:

Hoe. Lee. Fuck. Ing. Shit. WHAT a match! And what an atmosphere today too. Every man, woman and child was on their feet singing at the end.
Days like this are what it's all about. Remember seeing us lose at home to West Brom or Stoke? Getting spanked by 5 in Liverpool and missing the train back and getting back pissed off your face and depressed at 1 in the morning with work the next day? Remember losing 3 in one season to the caravanners...? Well frankly, days like today are days that remind me why we Spurs fans keep putting ourselves through shit like that, but still manage to drag ourselves to pubs and matches all over the country at antisocial hours in shit towns even when the odds are stacked against us. Days like this are what it means to be SPURS. It's days like this that are the GLORY GLORY DAYS and will live long in the memory of every person in that hallowed stadium today. GET THE FUCK IN THERE!

Where to begin? With the neat midfield industry of Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb? The louche touch of Mousa Dembélé? Those driving runs down the right flank from Kyle Walker? The mischievous Christian Eriksen? Érik Lamela’s surprising willingness to get stuck in? Maybe how Mauricio Pochettino’s relentless pressing football – so quick, so aggressive, so exciting – has put Tottenham Hotspur in a position to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 2010?

Just kidding. Those are all worthy topics but there is only one place to start and when Martin Atkinson blew his final whistle and a heaving White Hart Lane exploded with joy, the sight of Tottenham’s players queueing up to mob Harry Kane said everything. Once again, the story of another memorable day for Tottenham were the heroics of Kane, who followed up his stunning demolition of Chelsea on New Year’s Day by inspiring his side’s head-rush of a fightback against Woolwich.

Roy Hodgson was there to see Kane score his 21st and 22nd goals of the season and an England call cannot be far away for the Premier League’s breakout star.

Is there a more enjoyable footballer in the world at the moment than Kane? The answer is a resounding no. You could make an argument for Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. You could put forward a case for Sergio Agüero or Neymar or Eden Hazard and your logic would be sound.

Sound but dull, that is. The beauty of Kane is that he looks like a supporter who has won a competition to play for his favourite team, with such heart and endeavour, charging around the pitch as if he had been informed before kick‑off that the world would end if he – and only he – did not give every last drop of sweat. Kane expended so much energy against Woolwich that he was probably powering the floodlights on his own and it would not have been a surprise to discover that he also found a spare moment or two to sneak into the crowd and lead a few chants.

He was everywhere, chasing, harrying, holding the ball up, linking the play and seizing his moment with aplomb when it arrived, first when he dragged Tottenham back into the game with his equaliser just after half-time and then when he won it with that peach of a header near the end.

Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny will be glad to see the back of him. Kane was a persistent nuisance throughout and he is developing into one hell of a player. It would be easy to depict this 21-year-old force of nature as a happy-go-lucky runner who will eventually be found out, but he is so much more than that: clever with his use of the ball and hard to knock off it, intelligent with his movement and aware of the space around him, strong in the air and powerful on the ground, composed in front of goal – a highly accomplished all-rounder.

Initially the narrative had swung towards Mesut Özil. Shortly after Kane had brought the best out of David Ospina with a curling effort from the left, Woolwich constructed their one coherent move of the first half and took the lead when Olivier Giroud’s mishit-cum-pass flew to Özil, who cushioned the ball past Hugo Lloris on the volley. At that point, Woolwich sensed that they were going to build on last month’s victory at Manchester City, even though they were without Alexis Sánchez.

Yet Tottenham remembered how they roared back from a goal down against Chelsea and were undeterred. That high-octane style that Pochettino favours threatened to overwhelm Woolwich in the first half and the visitors had to defend well to protect their lead.

Here was evidence that Tottenham’s players are listening to Pochettino. Tottenham hardly resembled a team that was ready to push for a place in the top four a few months ago, yet they have lost only once in the league since their 3-0 defeat at Chelsea at the start of December. After the toils and uncertainty of autumn, now we see why Tottenham identified Pochettino as the man to take them to the next level last summer. They lost three times to Woolwich last season; now they have taken four points off them.

As manfully as Francis Coquelin battled to stem the flow at the base of Woolwich’s midfield, Bentaleb and Mason were dominant. The full-backs, Kyle Walker and Danny Rose, stormed forward at every opportunity and even Lamela made up for a disappointing performance in possession by snapping into his challenges in a frenzied effort to win the ball back. Few teams are as fit as Tottenham.

If it was exhausting to watch, imagine how a rather bedraggled Woolwich were feeling by the time Kane equalised after 56 minutes, tapping in from close range after Ospina had clawed Dembélé’s header away.

The game was in the balance. Woolwich went close, Tottenham went closer and then Bentaleb’s cross found Kane, whose leap above Koscielny and header into the top corner plunged White Hart Lane into delirium. Where else to end but with Harry Kane?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/feb/07/harry-kane-tottenham-Woolwich

What a day. Little write up for my 100th post chaps.

That was a proper North London Derby. Every aspect of it. Every pub I went in beforehand was absolutely packed, the "hunt" for Woolwich fans as everyone walked to the ground, the few scuffles, the intimidation they must have felt getting into the turnstiles whilst hundreds of Spurs fans bated them. Coins going back and fourth.
I was sat in block 35. They celebrated their goal quite well, nothing compared to other teams I've seen though. We didn't stop singing from the start. The team showed more backbone and honor after going 1-0 down than I think I've seen a Spurs team do before. They didn't bottle anything. The fans got louder and louder. "Everywhere we go". Abusing the scum next too us.
The second goal... wow. Every part of the ground was shaking. People in the West Stand on their seats. I was row 16, ended up about row 3. I hugged over 328 grown men on my way. The joy that I felt was something you can't write about. To be able to turn to the Woolwich fans and vent my venom was incredible.
After the game Harrys lap. Getting out onto the High Road and watching Woolwich desperately try and blend into the crowds. Few stragglers getting a dig. A proper moody hunting ground. I love everything about Spurs.

Tottenham till I die.

Last edited:
I've criticized previous attempts by people to claim that certain games were defining moments or one in which we appear to have really turned a corner, but god damn does this feel like one.

It finally feels like it has all clicked together, and Poch deserves monumental credit for vast turnaround that we have seen. We cannot discount the fantastic individual performances and the truly special players at the moment, but there can be little doubt that the fruits of these performances comes from the man at the helm. We have a strategy, ambition, fitness, belief and a team spirit that I haven't seen in a few years.

I'm so fucking proud of this team today.

Back
Top Bottom