Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Temporary rule change, probably as PL is expecting more muscular injuries as the training before restart is less than a proper preseason.
Maybe, but it's all bollocks anyway.
They kept on about keeping the integrity and end up changing the rules (albeit temporary) halfway through a season.
Integrity my arse.

Cancel the WSL but keep the PL going.
It's a joke, anyone who says this is not purely and simply about money is deluding themselves.

It's a joke, anyone who says this is not purely and simply about money is deluding themselves.

In this part it is about money and I thought freely admitted to- the cost of testing is significant, its why league 1 and below are stopped too.

The WSL don't bring in enough to cover the costs let alone bring revenue in.

They kept on about keeping the integrity and end up changing the rules (albeit temporary) halfway through a season.
Integrity my arse.

Having some matches at neutral grounds (with all matches pre covid being at either a home or an away ground) is an even bigger break of integrity imo.

Having some matches at neutral grounds (with all matches pre covid being at either a home or an away ground) is an even bigger break of integrity imo.
I agree and have decided I will not watch any match including our own on TV if it is played in a neutral ground. Do the Police not understand that fans can travel and a neutral ground can be reached just as easy as a home ground by many supporters.

Integrity my arse.

Of course it's about the money. None of us like it, but money matters in football. If the Premier League decided to wait until fans could come back and things were back to normal, there may well not have been a Premier League to come back to or a Tottenham Hotspur to play in it. The idea that we can all go on for potentially upwards of a year with 100% of our normal expenses and no income, while every other league resumes either now or in August, is just fantasy.

One of my best mates is all pumped up about this game. Saying how they're going to humiliate us now that their dab-machine is back. Basically a typical Manc fan. So please Tottenham, don't let me down this time, would love to see his face if we beat them.

Of course it's about the money. None of us like it, but money matters in football. If the Premier League decided to wait until fans could come back and things were back to normal, there may well not have been a Premier League to come back to or a Tottenham Hotspur to play in it. The idea that we can all go on for potentially upwards of a year with 100% of our normal expenses and no income, while every other league resumes either now or in August, is just fantasy.
Agree with that.
Although other leagues have cancelled.
They should have scrapped this season and started the new one in, say, September because we are pretty much guaranteed a second wave, which could cause disruption to next season as well.
Only my opinion of course

I guess the 20 man squad will be :

Lloris, Tanganga, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Lo Celso, Dele, Bergwijn, Son, Kane, Moura, Gazzaniga, Aurier, Vertonghen, Dier, Ndombele. Sissoko, Sessgnon, Lamela

Meaning these players will miss out this time :

Vorm, Gedson, Foyth, Skipp (plus Cirkin and White seen training with first team squad),

Injured - Parrott

I think Gedson gets in over Sess.

Anyone else missed doing this? Doesn't feel right mind, what with thousands of people literally dying everyday around the world still, but it is what it is I guess...

Lloris

Aurier Sánchez Alderweireld Tanganga

Lo Celso Sissoko NDombele

Bergwijn Kane Son​

COYS!

Side note, had to laugh at the horse racing going ahead in the corona-tion cup lol

Anyone else missed doing this? Doesn't feel right mind, what with thousands of people literally dying everyday around the world still, but it is what it is I guess...

Lloris

Aurier Sánchez Alderweireld Tanganga

Lo Celso Sissoko NDombele

Bergwijn Kane Son​

COYS!

Side note, had to laugh at the horse racing going ahead in the corona-tion cup lol
Players are too close to each other.

Not only will we win, we will win well.

We will smash these twats 5-2 (200/1 Sky Bet).

COYS!!!

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

Yes of course it’s about money (most things are) and yes integrity will be compromised with empty stadiums, possibly some neutral venues, minor rule changes and possibly a lack of VAR, but the alternatives of scrapping the season or ending it with one or other mathematical calculation deciding relegation would lead to never ending lawsuits from relegated clubs, refunds to Sky and BT, clubs going bust and even more people out of work.

Yes it’s totally Fubar, but it needs to be finished.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom