Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Injured players like Son are starting to resume training.

Personally doubt PL will resume in April, but we should be ready if it does.

No way it resumes in April. We’ll be lucky if football is back by June.

If another player or manager gets infected 2 days before the set date to resume, they can’t just allow it continue. It will have a massive effect on this and next season.

Just adds another fuck up to our fuck up of a season...Mind you, it will probably give our injury list a breather.
Mate, this couldn’t have come at a better team. We are in free fall.

All of a sudden we get a mini preseason with a chance for Mourinho to spend a month or so implementing his tactics daily, work on areas that need improving and gets Son, Kane, Sissoko and Davies back for the season.

Just popped on a LFC forum. They're all saying "play behind closed doors".
The reasoning is that they're all fit and young so if a few players get it, it's no problem.

FFS

There is a school of thought that athletes are more prone to flu etc as they have their bodies primed and then push themselves to the every edge so their immune system is affected more than your average man in the street.

So actually it could be a massive problem.

Not overlooking the fact plenty of fit and healthy professional footballers have suffered cardiac arrests in the past decade.

Would they swap say Henderson and TAA’s lives for the League??
Nice philosophical question for them. Guess they would just quote Shankly.

I’m so confused and torn, part of me wants the season to continue so West Ham can be relegated but then the other half wants it to be cancelled so
Liverpool don’t win the league! :mourcheeks:

There is a school of thought that athletes are more prone to flu etc as they have their bodies primed and then push themselves to the every edge so their immune system is affected more than your average man in the street.

So actually it could be a massive problem.

Not overlooking the fact plenty of fit and healthy professional footballers have suffered cardiac arrests in the past decade.

Would they swap say Henderson and TAA’s lives for the League??
Nice philosophical question for them. Guess they would just quote Shankly.
Not forgetting that I'm sure that they have families that could be very vulnerable

This is only the beginning phase of this virus. We are expected to see many months of steep progress if not 1 year+. I don't see how we are going to get this league resumed

This is only the beginning phase of this virus. We are expected to see many months of steep progress if not 1 year+. I don't see how we are going to get this league resumed
Not sure that’s entirely true. I’m pretty sure the government are expecting a downward curve of new cases by the end of summer latest

Mate, this couldn’t have come at a better team. We are in free fall.

All of a sudden we get a mini preseason with a chance for Mourinho to spend a month or so implementing his tactics daily, work on areas that need improving and gets Son, Kane, Sissoko and Davies back for the season.
Totally agree! This virus may have saved Spurs last gasp of a season. Get our injuries back and let the team train properly under Jose. Then we pray that something clicks.

Spurs can't ruin my fucking weekend?!

Ns2C.gif

Not sure that’s entirely true. I’m pretty sure the government are expecting a downward curve of new cases by the end of summer latest
Well, it's only speculation but people laughed to the idea of 'behind-closed-door' games just 2 weeks ago, see where we are now. You have to see for yourself what this COVID-19 is doing to your town to realize the urgency. I live in Seattle, US, so i'm witnessing massive public panic as I write this. It only takes 1 infected person to bring down the entire economy/microeconomy. I don't normally take media's overreaction to everything for granted but this is much more serious than how lightly people take here.

Not sure how likely, but United potentially have Rashford.

...Chavs; Pulisic?

...Any time Vardy gets to recoup is a godsend for Leicester.
If the football gods - in current battle for CL places - presented you with the choice of having Son and Harry back for the remainging games of the season, but Chavs would have to get Pulsic back and Manure, Rashford back... would you tell them to go fuck right off, or would you rip their hand off for it?

Back
Top Bottom