Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I read (on Twitter so probably bullshit) that some of the football people testing positive havent even got symptoms but of course football clubs can afford to do the testing.

Makes you wonder just how many of us already have it.

Seems more and more crazy with every story that our government aren't shutting shit down and making people as safe as possible. How the fuck is the NHS going to cope?!?
Wouldnt be surprised if thousands have already had it and not realised. Looking at some of the reports of peoples symptoms, some are so flu like you wouldnt realise you had it.

PL won't be back by 3rd April because the length of time takes the recovery of the footballers and managers from the virus plus the time to be match fit. To add, the virus hasn't peaked yet according to BJ so will get worse before getting better.

Scrap this season but liverpool don't deserve the title because there is still quarter of PL games to play and their recent form of free fall, out of the FA and CL cups.
PL have a big job to decide how to end the season. Probably amalgamate seasons 19/20 & 20/21 into one with same rules on TWs. Scrap 19/20 domestic an European cups which gives liverpool something to cheer about to hold on the CL trophy for another season.

This has gotta be one of the worst seasons in history... VAR being introduced and completely ruining English football, everyone is playing like morons, No title race, football has been suspended indefinitely everywhere and the euros will be pushed back too!

Great news for spurs though

PL won't be back by 3rd April because the length of time takes the recovery of the footballers and managers from the virus plus the time to be match fit. To add, the virus hasn't peaked yet according to BJ so will get worse before getting better.

Scrap this season but liverpool don't deserve the title because there is still quarter of PL games to play and their recent form of free fall, out of the FA and CL cups.
PL have a big job to decide how to end the season. Probably amalgamate seasons 19/20 & 20/21 into one with same rules on TWs. Scrap 19/20 domestic an European cups which gives liverpool something to cheer about to hold on the CL trophy for another season.
If they cancel it with no winner I will drown in the salty tears from klopp , it’s the kind of thing that would normally happen to us if we ever managed to be in there position

Genuinely, I wouldn't be surprised if next season is delayed.

It will take up to 12 months to create a vaccination. You then have to dispense that. As the health experts have said, the only way to create an immunity to it, is to be infected and recover.

It could be westham near relegation, woolwich out of European places or even Watford also near relegation.
We are in strong position, all injured players back in 3 weeks and top 4 is surely. lol

I know, there are plenty of candidates in there. Could very well be more than one London club that wants the league to be voided.

Ok guys here's the plan.....

Here's what PL swallowed from Woolwich to postpone their game -

Son is half way through his self isolation in London per the Standard.

We tell the PL Son popped in to say Hi during the week, so Spurs think it sensible to put all those who he saw (all the currently fit members of the squad) into self isolation for 2 weeks, which sadly takes us into International week. But we'll be glad to reschedule the matches after the international break...……when Son and Kane are back.

Meanwhile all the squad and Mourhino are confined to the training ground and not let out until they work out how to play as a team.

Job Done ?!

You can thank me later !

Wonder if Levy mentioned this at the PL meeting this morning - might have been the clinching factor to get PL suspended after all :D:D

Now where's my bottle of champagne ?

Genuinely, I wouldn't be surprised if next season is delayed.

It will take up to 12 months to create a vaccination. You then have to dispense that. As the health experts have said, the only way to create an immunity to it, is to be infected and recover.

They need to just cancel it. Yes some clubs won't be happy but it is the most logical thing to do and just start a fresh.

This has gotta be one of the worst seasons in history... VAR being introduced and completely ruining English football, everyone is playing like morons, No title race, football has been suspended indefinitely everywhere and the euros will be pushed back too!

Great news for spurs though
Not sure about that, our income is going to be cut back, that will have severe consequences the longer that goes on.

Not sure about that, our income is going to be cut back, that will have severe consequences the longer that goes on.

I have a small design/marketing company, the last six years i've been doing lots of sports marketing which has been mullered these last few weeks. I'm now at the stage were jobs are being canned daily, to the point where I have no work. So if anyone has any design or marketing requirements (personally or at their company), give me a shout... Difficult times ahead

Wife does international relocations through my business, that has now stopped as companies put a freeze on international travel. Literally overnight....boom, gone.

Income of all clubs will be cut back and all will suffer. PL clubs will survive but not sure about the lower league unless government interferes.

PS. Players signing fees may collapse.

All true - but with the debt being mostly converted into bonds (repayable on average 23 years time) and healthy profits last year, even with reduced income we will remain profitable - even if closing this season early might reduce income by say £50m.

Of course I am assuming here that 20/21 restarts in August/September time.

But Spurs will be a lot lot better off than most clubs both in uk and Europe, some of whom will find the early close of this season pushes them to at best break even point.

With all clubs affected, its likely that fees for transfers will reduce significantly this transfer window coming.

Income of all clubs will be cut back and all will suffer. PL clubs will survive but not sure about the lower league unless government interferes.

PS. Players signing fees may collapse.
If it goes on for a long time some will not, many have spent big and depend on TV money, A season or two paying players and manager for doing nothing will decimate them.

Back
Top Bottom