Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:dier::dier:
Hope not if it gets cancelled it will be our longest unbeaten run of the season
Yes, COViD is the biggest thing to hit since world war 2 end of. The premier league will stop or played behind closed doors provide they can get a squad that doesn't have to isolate.... this season has ended. They can give Liverpool the title if they wish ...but they won't win it before lock down

They're fucking mental playing the full fixture programme here. The season is blatantly not going to finish anyway. Why take such a risk to get one game further? Either this is dealt with in the next few months and we can catch up over summer, or it isn't and the season's a full write-off. Another round won't make a difference either way, but could well have a public health impact.

This is getting called off along with the other games after the Woolwich news. Not a chance is this going ahead and good as well. The quicker we get our players back the better. The season is done for me anyway, but just be nice to get some games under our belt with Sonny/Kane. Might actually start enjoying watching Spurs again.

If this season is just completely voided and erased, it costing liverpool the title would be the greatest banter ever.

They would protest for years
This is genuinely going to happen isn’t it.
The season can’t go ahead with Woolwich manager and probably players with the Virus.
The whole club and it’s staff have to be isolated, and the knock on effect and crowd risk is too great.

CL is also going to get called off, it’s just impossible now with all the restrictions in place.

Liverpoolsy.........if there was ever a season for Spurs to benefit from a pandemic it’s this one

:mourbringit:

The season can’t go ahead with Woolwich manager and probably players with the Virus.
The whole club and it’s staff have to be isolated, and the knock on effect and crowd risk is too great.

CL is also going to get called off, it’s just impossible now with all the restrictions in place.

Liverpoolsy.........if there was ever a season for Spurs to benefit from a pandemic it’s this one

It's going to be amazing.

I suspect the Euro's will make way for a league season reprise around mid june.

Money will talk; there's too much wrapped up in it all for their not to be winners declared eventually. It's not the WWII era anymore.

Money will talk; there's too much wrapped up in it all for their not to be winners declared eventually. It's not the WWII era anymore.

That is what I assumed but what about player contracts that expire and agreements already made? Such as Zeyech to the Chavs etc?

I don't think the bottom feeders of the footballing world who call themselves agents will let that go ahead.

I personally think the idea that the league will be in a fit state to resume that quickly is sadly optimistic. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't resume till September or October. Possible it could even go beyond that and through next winter, starting back up in 12 months time. This is more serious than most realise yet IMO

That is what I assumed but what about player contracts that expire and agreements already made? Such as Zeyech to the Chavs etc?

I don't think the bottom feeders of the footballing world who call themselves agents will let that go ahead.

Ob. there will be further complications but if there's some kind of ruling at game level the cunts will just have to suck it up and work out the small print with the clubs..... Acts of god rah rah rah etc.

Even for them it's not wise they bite the hand that feeds.

I personally think the idea that the league will be in a fit state to resume that quickly is sadly optimistic. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't resume till September or October. Possible it could even go beyond that and through next winter, starting back up in 12 months time. This is more serious than most realise yet IMO

But that will cause public celebration. And we don't want that do we?

Well if the time-frames are that severe then it all goes out the window. With next season similarly left on ice too there's little option to just wait and see longer term.

Ob. there will be further complications but if there's some kind of ruling at game level the cunts will just have to suck it up and work out the small print with the clubs..... Acts of god rah rah rah etc.

Even for them it's not wise they bite the hand that feeds.

I will get Raiola's face tattooed on my arse if it means the dippers get mugged tbh

Back
Top Bottom