Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only Hull ( in their 0-1 win ) were more negative than today’s Burnley team.

A disgrace to football.

Well done Spurs.

Last edited:
Burnley goalkeeper Joe Hart speaking to BBC MOTD: "We defended really well, Tottenham almost gave up with their style of play, it is ironic it comes from Trippier lumping one into the box.
"The performance was far too honest to base our feelings on one moment, they came at us all day on a big pitch. Sometimes you make the wrong decisions and it’s down to me to bail the lads out but Eriksen took his chance well.
"I knew the effort we were putting in we would get deeper and deeper but I’ll never give up and neither will this team. It’s a real sickener to concede late on but we need to build on this.
"There is definite improvement. I joined knowing the defensive unit we had and we have not been solid so far this season we have given chances away but we have been better in the last two games."

I do not think "ironic" means what you think it means, Joe. You're trying to play down the massive disappointment of losing by parking a bus in front of your goal and claming it is good work. In football, good work means good football, and the only thing that was good about you and your team's performance was "riddance". Playing down the fact that we managed to thread a ball through your messy defense is probably right though, we couldn't care less because we've walked away with three points and are smiling. Your well-puckered arseholes are still trying their damnest to unclench as you glumly march back from whence you came. Enjoy your definite improvement.

Burnley goalkeeper Joe Hart speaking to BBC MOTD: "We defended really well, Tottenham almost gave up with their style of play, it is ironic it comes from Trippier lumping one into the box.
"The performance was far too honest to base our feelings on one moment, they came at us all day on a big pitch. Sometimes you make the wrong decisions and it’s down to me to bail the lads out but Eriksen took his chance well.
"I knew the effort we were putting in we would get deeper and deeper but I’ll never give up and neither will this team. It’s a real sickener to concede late on but we need to build on this.
"There is definite improvement. I joined knowing the defensive unit we had and we have not been solid so far this season we have given chances away but we have been better in the last two games."

I do not think "ironic" means what you think it means, Joe. You're trying to play down the massive disappointment of losing by parking a bus in front of your goal and claming it is good work. In football, good work means good football, and the only thing that was good about you and your team's performance was "riddance". Playing down the fact that we managed to thread a ball through your messy defense is probably right though, we couldn't care less because we've walked away with three points and are smiling. Your well-puckered arseholes are still trying their damnest to unclench as you glumly march back from whence you came. Enjoy your definite improvement.

Idiotic comments from a Hart, but I thought his play today was outstanding, until he got beat near post.

:eriksenlol:

Joe Hart. What a cunt.

How he was not booked for time wasting today I will never know. The ref must be a fan of his.

Every single time the prick had a goal kick he would take far too long and he had no shame in regards the comedy way he would jog on the spot to get his legs moving before he jogged up to the ball to lump it to some donkey up front. It looked like a Flintstone cartoon at times as either Fred or Barney have to sprint home....

Honestly, anyone who takes pride in what Burnley did today needs to re evaluate what football is to them.

And back to my initial irritation. Joe Hart. You are a fucking joke mate. You are no better than a 70’s pro ending up in the US soccer leagues trying to continue to steal a living long after you have been found out at domestic level.

And stop dying your hair. You are kidding no one.

HAVE THAT YOU TIME WASTING SLAGS!!!!!

Got what you fucking deserved, goal scored in the time that you added on. Punished.

Poch you absolute gem:
1. Rotation
2. Skipp debut
3. Davies CB
4. Subs doing what the moaners think you are shit at

Skipp, fantastic debut, slotted straight in, looked like he's been playing there for a couple of seasons. Ben Davies was superb at CB today.

Really, really calmly taken goal from Eriksen, brought down well by Dele and then Kane.

Another very solid performance from Sissoko, although thought he could have taken a shot on himself a couple of times in the first half.

Why the fuck are we lobbing the ball into the box when they have 5 CB's and 10 men behind the ball, did Tripps actually find a Spurs player, I fucking hate watching this shit, it's woeful. Thought he started well, playing short balls around the corner of the advancing oppo to a midfielder making a run from in to out, this is good but fuck me, didn't take long to go back to "normal" and just cross-blocked, cross-blocked, cross-defended, defended, defended, blocked. Rose's crosses we also shit but he didn't attempt 50 of the fuckers.

Winning the Man U way, #Pochytime this is how champions win.

Up The Spurs!

Because playing through them was any easier?

He could have done better with some of his crossing, some was just good blocking, but what is Trippier supposed to do in those positions?

It was much harder to play those inside balls as the game wore on and they sat deeper and deeper with 5 across the back.

Every time he played the ball back inside Alli, Lamela, Sissoko or Moura just bumbled about with it. Bit harsh to single out Trippier when others were equally inept at doing what they should. Sissoko (who you credit) wasted a great chance to shoot or play someone in, instead whacking it at Lamela, and wasted two other great situations (one after Trippier had played him in behind). Alli and Moura fucked about all day. Son should have hit the target with another great chance. Trippier was no guiltier of struggling to break them down as any other of our players, he was just doing what he was supposed to do though, offer width and another angle of attack.

And didn't our goal eventually come via him putting one in?

Give his ass a lick while you're at it mate.
He'll enjoy that

Thats the way to celebrate.

tenor.gif
Can't ...... get ...... the.... taste ... out of my mouth

No critique at all, but plenty of it online.

Ahhhh, the interweb, is it?

He was just roughed up a bit at times and was charged down on the ball, clearly not used to this kind of game. Which is perfectly fine, am just making the point that there are reasons for sending players on loan, these kinds of games every other week being one of them.

Everyone was closed down and roughed up. That's the only thing you could say Burnley pro-actively did throughout the 90mins.

There was nothing wrong with his performance. I wish all debutants looked that comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom