Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad to get that match out the way tbh.
We didn't really look very threatening, maybe they had the hangover / comedown, but attacking wise we looked so slow. Beautifully worked goal though, classic movement and layoff / finish.

They deserved nothing, playing anti-football.

3 points without really playing well...don't want to be a walking cliche but it's the sign of a good team.

COYS!
Got rid of WBA & Stoke last season wth that crap football thought we’d cleared the league of that but obviously not! Burnley have replaced them Leicester not far behind but let’s hope one if not both get shafted this season, only problem they could be replaced by fucking West Brom again.

HAVE THAT YOU TIME WASTING SLAGS!!!!!

Got what you fucking deserved, goal scored in the time that you added on. Punished.

Poch you absolute gem:
1. Rotation
2. Skipp debut
3. Davies CB
4. Subs doing what the moaners think you are shit at

Skipp, fantastic debut, slotted straight in, looked like he's been playing there for a couple of seasons. Ben Davies was superb at CB today.

Really, really calmly taken goal from Eriksen, brought down well by Dele and then Kane.

Another very solid performance from Sissoko, although thought he could have taken a shot on himself a couple of times in the first half.

Why the fuck are we lobbing the ball into the box when they have 5 CB's and 10 men behind the ball, did Tripps actually find a Spurs player, I fucking hate watching this shit, it's woeful. Thought he started well, playing short balls around the corner of the advancing oppo to a midfielder making a run from in to out, this is good but fuck me, didn't take long to go back to "normal" and just cross-blocked, cross-blocked, cross-defended, defended, defended, blocked. Rose's crosses we also shit but he didn't attempt 50 of the fuckers.

Winning the Man U way, #Pochytime this is how champions win.

Up The Spurs!

That was the crappiest game I have seen since WBA last season. How Hart did not get booked I do not know. Made me laugh in the 94th min when he actually ran to get the ball. I was just moaning only 4 mins of extra time when it really should have been double. Even before the goal decided that I was not going to moan about our performance as after Barcelona it was understandable. to think I was worried about Davies at centre Back and his lack of height. My stream was clearly behind as when I cheered the goal, my wife who was watching results on TV told me it happened a few mins ago and we had won.
Cannot believe how commentators and BBc report say it was heartbreaking for Burnley. They did not have a shot on target and got what they deserved NOTHING.

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Credit to Kane the way he set up the goal. Lovely calm strike from Erik.

Can anyone tell me if it was a pen on Kane in the first half as onky saw it once. Did Kane get a toe on it or the defender before he was fouled?
There wasn't a lot in it tbh. If it had been given against us we would be fuming.

yeah, we'll miss his pin point crossing
His crossing isn't world class but to be fair today at times he was trying to find 3 Spurs heads in a box of 6 or 7 Burnley players. And in any case at least Rose actually tries to find a player as opposed to Davies' classic just smash it against the first man to win a throw technique.

Back
Top Bottom