Tottenham Managers of the PL Era

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Legacy Lilywhite

Supporter
Up The Spurs! 🇬🇧🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇺🇸🇮🇱🇺🇦
Very much a Sunday-during-the-international-break type thread. How would you rank our managers from the PL era?

For me, it’s probably…

Conte
Poch
Redknapp
BMJ
Hoddle
Graham
Gerry
Mourinho
Ramos
Livermore/Clemence
Ossie
AVB
Gross
Timmy
NES
Santini

I think I’m being generous with AVB. Bale hid his total ineptitude which was badly found out after Gareth’s departure.

I’ve also been quite kind to GG but he did get a trophy and an FA Cup semi in the same season.

This'll be interesting. If we measure success by trophies (as many here argue), then Graham and Ramos should be 1st and 2nd.

In any event, surely Pochettino has to rank above Conte, no?
Ranking Conte at all is hard after just a year. But, given the utterly disgusting state of us when he took over, 4th was an absolute miracle. He’s also grabbed our stuttering transfer management by the scruff of the neck. But time will tell, of course.

Very much a Sunday-during-the-international-break type thread. How would you rank our managers from the PL era?

For me, it’s probably…

Conte
Poch
Redknapp
BMJ
Hoddle
Graham
Gerry
Mourinho
Ramos
Livermore/Clemence
Ossie
AVB
Gross
Timmy
NES
Santini

I think I’m being generous with AVB. Bale hid his total ineptitude which was badly found out after Gareth’s departure.

I’ve also been quite kind to GG but he did get a trophy and an FA Cup semi in the same season.
Who's BMJ?

For me, it’s probably…

Conte
Poch
Redknapp
BMJ
Hoddle
Graham
Gerry
Mourinho
Ramos
Livermore/Clemence
Ossie
AVB
Gross
Timmy
NES
Santini

Agree with pretty much all of this except Poch above Conte for now. But if we win the NLD I reserve the right to change my mind.

BMJ should be right up there.......

No slant on Conte, but he's not top 3 yet.....

1. Poch
2. BMJ
3. Redknapp

Last edited:
Looking at time served and what was achieved.

1. Poch
  2. Redknapp
  3. BMJ
  4. Ramos
  5. Graham

Conte has done a great job, if he stays on for a couple more years or wins the champions league this season he will be top of the list.

Why would AVB rank above Sherwood? AVB without Bale was a disaster, Sherwood did better with the same group. Am I remembering it wrong?

Poch at number 1, HR at number two, Conte 3 (but I believe he is the best manager overall) Jol 4.

Gross, Ramos (would have got us relegated, I am convinced) and AVB are the worst I think (AVB had some half decent players and we were getting tonked). Oh and Nuno, how could I forget? No more Portuguese managers please, ever.

Honourable mention to Gerry Francis, came in and steadied the ship after Ozzie's experiment failed.

Why would AVB rank above Sherwood? AVB without Bale was a disaster, Sherwood did better with the same group. Am I remembering it wrong?

Poch at number 1, HR at number two, Conte 3 (but I believe he is the best manager overall) Jol 4.

Gross, Ramos (would have got us relegated, I am convinced) and AVB are the worst I think (AVB had some half decent players and we were getting tonked). Oh and Nuno, how could I forget? No more Portuguese managers please, ever.

Honourable mention to Gerry Francis, came in and steadied the ship after Ozzie's experiment failed.
Gerry’s first season seemed really promising. Some good victories that season as well as the FA Cup run. Then it all fell apart - perhaps because the purse strings were tightened as Sugar positioned us as the ‘Woolworths’ of the PL as he put it.

:klinsmann:

Gerry’s first season seemed really promising. Some good victories that season as well as the FA Cup run. Then it all fell apart - perhaps because the purse strings were tightened as Sugar positioned us as the ‘Woolworths’ of the PL as he put it.

:klinsmann:
we were very average then. However I really enjoyed that we a. We was number 1 off the pitch and no one could touch is on the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom