Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of those situations where it could be one persons word against another. Not sure how it gets proved. I don't think the Spurs lady in question would make the allegation up but if no-one else heard it can she prove it?
On the field there are still a number of things players can do, a) personal revenge - but that will usually have consequences to the team b) Bring it to the ref attention c) Team mates - if they heard it then walk off as a team (still probably have to forfeit the match but point made, publicity from it would be worth it, team unit probably enhanced by it).

I've no idea if she reported this or if anyone else at the time but her knew about it. As it's now been picked up by the national press, I would assume that there will have to be official statements made by various parties.

The oppo is probably having a chat with Wayne Hennessey for advice on how best to communicate.

Still a good run from the girls. The gap between Super League and Championship is huge - professionals vs part time for a start - so the result is no shame at all. Be interesting if we get promoted to see how much money the club puts into the women’s set-up.

Game coming up this week. Too early for a test event?

:wanyama:

Good effort in front of a record crowd for the women, it's tough as a team of semi-pro's to play a team of full time professionals, can't fault the work-rate and all the signs are that if our team does get promotion they will find the WSL is a bit like the EPL, a top 4 teams who we would struggle against but we'll do OK against the rest ...

We've got six games left the last three against the teams 2nd, 3rd, 4th ...

The FA Women's Championship Table - Football - BBC Sport

Shouldn't Tottenham Ladies have been given a game at the new stadium as a test event? Top of their league, it would be a great boost for the team. Nothing against the Legends, but I think the Ladies would have made more sense.

Shouldn't Tottenham Ladies have been given a game at the new stadium as a test event? Top of their league, it would be a great boost for the team. Nothing against the Legends, but I think the Ladies would have made more sense.
I don't see why they couldn't have done both... Legends First up as an appetizer, AND the Ladies match as the main even.... make a proper day of it!!

Probably worried they wouldn't sell it out but will a U18 game be any more attractive?. People are going to experience the new stadium not the teams on the pitch.

Sophie Jones Sheffield United has had her contract terminated she was fined and banned for 5 games she racially abused a Tottenham player Renee Hector.

Big win from the ladies today, came back from 2-0 down.

If I've got this right Man U won promotion with their win yesterday but we are still in 2nd and can also gain promotion if we win our next game??? (Sorry if I've got this wrong I find the whole Ladies league confusing as shit).

'come on you Spurs ladies' reminds me of the Canadian football chief posing with members of the womens team in front of a huge banner proclaiming 'COME ON OUR GIRLS'. Pure carry on innuendo there.

Spurs Ladies to be renamed Tottenham Hotspur Women | Tottenham Hotspur

@SpursOfficial
Fri 26 April 2019, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We are delighted to announce that from next season Spurs Ladies will be renamed Tottenham Hotspur Women.
Originally known as Broxbourne Ladies, the Club was formed in 1985 before becoming Spurs Ladies in 1991. Glenn Weaver, who was the first team coach for three years and then Chairman from 1994 until his sad passing in 2015, was instrumental in growing the Club. Glenn worked tirelessly alongside his sister Valerie Weaver and June Clarke who continue to be involved in the Club.
To further support the progress of the women’s team, we have appointed Heather Cowan as Head of Women’s Football to oversee all day-to-day operations having previously undertaken a similar role with her former employers Birmingham City Women.
Speaking about her appointment, Heather said: “I am thrilled to have joined Spurs at a time where women’s football is really starting to flourish. The Club has a wonderful opportunity to create an exciting future and a lasting legacy in the women’s game and I’m looking forward to playing a part in that.
“We shall be working hard to develop a structure and culture that enables talented female footballers to thrive. We’re striving for continued success and to build something that fans, players and staff are all proud to be a part of.”

Back
Top Bottom