Tottenham in New Zealand (2013/14 Pre-Season)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/8232105/Tottenham-Hotspur-in-Wellington-match-talks

" An administrator on the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Club New Zealand Facebook page today said they had met with a marketing person at the stadium and the tour was ''very close to happening''. "

I'm not sure how big the Spurs community is in my rugby infested country but if this happens I think I might explode. No doubt, my brothers and I will be travelling up to Wellington to fly the flag for Tottenham and finally some real quality football in NZ.

I know it's months off (if even at all) but I was wondering if there are many other New Zealanders on here? We should sort something out.

COYS!

If true then I'd say they'd also do something in Asia as ,( I think this is the technical term) , it's a fuck of a long way just to play a few games

Ugh. I was really hoping for another U.S. tour...for some reason I had dreamed of the squad at a Dallas bbq:

AVB and Lloris didn't really want all to much to do with the scene, and sat in comfortable conversation at a shaded picnic table sharing some of AVB's vintages (which he had shipped along with the team).

Deuce wore an apron as he stood behind a trailer grill as he sloshed his favorite sauces on rib racks...Bale besides him exchanging jokes and good humor (Bale kept trying to sneak a few ribs and Dempsey would gently tap Bale's hand away). Demebele stood by, engaged in conversation with locals, learning the secrets to good bbq...and hiding some of Duece's tool's behind his back..."Moussa....did you take my tongs again?"

Inside a kinda barn like structure, the town had out done themselves for the occassion, decorating the rafters with christmas lights and other knick nacks. Sandro joined the band on stage as he attempted to learn blue grass guitar, Freund was playing the spoons. Holtby had a bit too much to drink and was resting his head on a very very large middle aged woman as they danced slowly, despite the pace of Sandro's jamming. Jan was full of energy, taking in the atmosphere...spending his time sampling the local pit chef's cookings and having laughs.

I could continue....it was beautiful.

No need to buy new pants yet, the NZ Tottenham Supporters Club is now saying:

"Bad news overnight from Spurs.

Due to changes in their pre-season travel schedule NZ is off the table.

We will continue to stay in touch with the club to see if there is another opportunity next year.

Thanks for all enthusiasm from Spurs Supporter Club."

:avbfacepalm:

Dreams crushed right there.

You lot don't know how shit it is to live in a country that prefers rugby to football.

Back
Top Bottom