Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With how much grief our fans are giving them right now, this game has an Woolwich win all over it.

Let’s hope not and we can rub salt in the wound for a little bit longer…
They will most likely get past Wolves on the weekend though looking for a big response to drawing 1 and losing 2 of their last 3, which will see them keep pace with City and Pool til the following game week. If its possible for us to put the final nail in their coffin I think we will stick the boot in on them, the stadium will be a cauldron of noise since ruining these cunts season I would argue holds more weight than whether we finish 4th or 5th.
If they bottle it vs Wolves and drop points I think it'll be a draw because the atmosphere will be flatter with both teams ultimately just playing out their remaining games to see where they end up.

We’ll have a much needed two week break while they have three games in that time with a team that has been ran into the ground and never rotated.

Their season has collapsed in a week, which must’ve taken a huge mental and emotional toll on them as well.

We really should be winning this.

We’ll have a much needed two week break while they have three games in that time with a team that has been ran into the ground and never rotated.

Their season has collapsed in a week, which must’ve taken a huge mental and emotional toll on them as well.

Agree.

Even we are not in our best form, this is a vital difference for the teams going into this game. Same with Liverpool also, we have much more restitution and time to train.

Still thinking we will have fourth

Last edited:
Really hope we have Richy ready for this. We're missing any sort of height or muscle up front lately it's ridiculous. I'd start Veliz if he was here just to switch it up and see if he can tap it in. Would have probably started Vincent Janssen if that was the only recognised striker we had.

Do we need that? I mean this group of players have had one game a week most of the season. Flopped out of the cups early, no Europe. They can't be tired at all, surely? Feels like if anything we have way too much of a gap between games.

Agree that Woolwich will be fragile though, there won't be a better time to play them. Especially going in to the second half if the game is still close or we're winning, they've shown they tire, get frustrated and struggle in the last two games.

Do we need that? I mean this group of players have had one game a week most of the season. Flopped out of the cups early, no Europe. They can't be tired at all, surely? Feels like if anything we have way too much of a gap between games.

Agree that Woolwich will be fragile though, there won't be a better time to play them. Especially going in to the second half if the game is still close or we're winning, they've shown they tire, get frustrated and struggle in the last two games.
Even though we only play once a week, the way we play demands a lot from the players. I don't think it's a coincidence that both our fullbacks, who have been great this season have dropped off recently. It's probably the most demanding role in the team.

We'll need a bigger squad next season. Good rotation options for fullback and defensive mid are a must.

Even though we only play once a week, the way we play demands a lot from the players. I don't think it's a coincidence that both our fullbacks, who have been great this season have dropped off recently. It's probably the most demanding role in the team.

We'll need a bigger squad next season. Good rotation options for fullback and defensive mid are a must.

Would be more than a bit worried if they can’t handle the amount we’ve been playing. We’ve had large periods of our players having more than a week between games, the schedule has been incredibly easy for us due to the early cup exits.

Admittedly the system asks a lot of them. Van de Ven for example has to do way too many high intensity sprints. But even with cover, they’re going to be playing this many games or more if we are in Europe next season and want to do well in the domestic cups.. the CL especially Liverpool often played Robertson/TAA twice a week.

Would be more than a bit worried if they can’t handle the amount we’ve been playing. We’ve had large periods of our players having more than a week between games, the schedule has been incredibly easy for us due to the early cup exits.

Admittedly the system asks a lot of them. Van de Ven for example has to do way too many high intensity sprints. But even with cover, they’re going to be playing this many games or more if we are in Europe next season and want to do well in the domestic cups.. the CL especially Liverpool often played Robertson/TAA twice a week.
It might be because it's their first time playing in such an intense system. They should be more accustomed to it by next season, either way we'll need a bigger squad.

People are constantly talking about the tactics, but keeping these players fit and rotating the squad without running them into the ground will be Ange's biggest challenge next season.

It's demanding, but all the top teams do it.

Their Achilles heel is that they get tired because they press so relentlessly, their 2nd halves the drop off in intensity in stark and they leave gaps in midfield which we need to exploit.

So we need to keep being brave and play the ball around at the back and wait for opportunities to open up, easier said than done.

Indeed. The crowd needs to be behind the team and whatever approach Ange takes. If we start hearing boo's and groans every time we chose to play the safe pass - it could get messy very quickly.

I guess one disadvantage of the Ange ball moniker, the fans want high tempo all the time; and fail to understand that sometimes you have to wait to take your chances.

Crucial we get the first goal. Heard a stat on a podcast earlier where Woolwich have only won 1 of the games in which they've conceded first (iirc it was 10 games total) and don't cope well with chasing the game, which ironically is when we seem to kick it up a gear. Helps that they look knackered as it is.

They will most likely get past Wolves on the weekend though looking for a big response to drawing 1 and losing 2 of their last 3, which will see them keep pace with City and Pool til the following game week. If its possible for us to put the final nail in their coffin I think we will stick the boot in on them, the stadium will be a cauldron of noise since ruining these cunts season I would argue holds more weight than whether we finish 4th or 5th.
If they bottle it vs Wolves and drop points I think it'll be a draw because the atmosphere will be flatter with both teams ultimately just playing out their remaining games to see where they end up.
They won't be out of it if they drop points against Wolves. Liverpool and possibly City will drop more points I think.
None of them are playing at the top of their game.

Back
Top Bottom