Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

naughton and lennon were the stars of the show for me. adebayor was poor today and probs should be dropped so gylfi can be given a proper chance. dempsey impressed when he came on today. bale was good but i think he definitely went down too easily from that challenge

Why the fuck don't we have a song for Sandro?
A colossal force of nature,
Built to destruct and destroy,
He’ll crush you in an instant,
In a battle of beast versus boy,​
Chasing down all,
He’ll leave you battered and bruised,
The gargantuan man from Brazil,
Proudly standing accused,​
Stand up and be counted,
Responsibility he shan’t shirk
Stalking in the shadows,
The beast he does lurk,​
Hassle and harry,
Pester and cajole,
Passionate physicality,
Football show stole,​
Heart worn on arm,
Blood and sweat shed,
If he misses with foot,
He’ll get you with his head,​
All action fight and battle,
Distinct love for the shirt,
He’ll run until he’s sick,
Body battered and hurt,​
Wilshere and Terry,
Light work for the beast,
Both chav’s and racists,
He does love to feast,​
If you’re not lilywhite,
And he sees you about,
He’ll swallow you whole,
Chew you up and spit you out,​
A monster of magnitude,
That seeks danger to dispel,
Countless victims dispossessed,
Bodies left rendered a shell,​
Colour blue or colour red,
He hunts the immoral,
You shall not escape,
If with this beast you do quarrel,​
If you manage to slip him,
Utmost respect due,
But beware in the tunnel,
For the samba kung fu,​
An explosive football powerhouse,
That will continue to grow,
He’s coming to get you,
His name is Sandro.​

Ade is in quite a funk in front of goal, but honestly he's also been terribly, terribly unlucky.
Still, I think his movement off the ball and contribution to possession is excellent.

edit: Mignolet had an excellent, excellent game. Ade was awfully unlucky not to score on that chance late on in the game.

My nerves can't take many more of these games where we should be 5 ahead and then have to hang on in injury time.

Speaking of which, how the fuck were there 5 minutes today when there were only 4 against Stoke??!!

That's right bitches. My first TFC match thread and I'm going for a fixture where we've often struggled coz I've got balls the size of dean whiteheads massive Mong face.

They just beat man city so will be confident. Perhaps a little too confident? We need to be strong and determined And I can see us nicking a couple of fast breakaway goals on the counter.

2-1 Spurs.

'ave it!

First match thread. We won and I predicted the score
Thank you and goodnight :)

:dude: :avbdamn: :avbdamn: :avbdamn: :avbdamn:

Same thing happened last week, too. Ade squared up in front of goal and let it fly, but a stray limb or something deflected what was more or less an open shot on goal which otherwise should have been a goal 9 times out of 10.

It was a bit nervy, we've had a lot worse though. Sunderland were basically just chucking it in there and hoping for the best, they didn't create any clear chances other than the goal.

Good all round performance and good result I reckon.

:avblol:

A colossal force of nature,
Built to destruct and destroy,
He’ll crush you in an instant,
In a battle of beast versus boy,​
Chasing down all,
He’ll leave you battered and bruised,
The gargantuan man from Brazil,
Proudly standing accused,​
Stand up and be counted,
Responsibility he shan’t shirk
Stalking in the shadows,
The beast he does lurk,​
Hassle and harry,
Pester and cajole,
Passionate physicality,
Football show stole,​
Heart worn on arm,
Blood and sweat shed,
If he misses with foot,
He’ll get you with his head,​
All action fight and battle,
Distinct love for the shirt,
He’ll run until he’s sick,
Body battered and hurt,​
Wilshere and Terry,
Light work for the beast,
Both chav’s and racists,
He does love to feast,​
If you’re not lilywhite,
And he sees you about,
He’ll swallow you whole,
Chew you up and spit you out,​
A monster of magnitude,
That seeks danger to dispel,
Countless victims dispossessed,
Bodies left rendered a shell,​
Colour blue or colour red,
He hunts the immoral,
You shall not escape,
If with this beast you do quarrel,​
If you manage to slip him,
Utmost respect due,
But beware in the tunnel,
For the samba kung fu,​
An explosive football powerhouse,
That will continue to grow,
He’s coming to get you,
His name is Sandro.​

You'd better bring a song sheet to the next game for that catchy ditty!!!!!

'SANDRO, SANDRO, TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR'S BRAZILIAN YIDDO' is about as ambitious as we'll get right now!

Adebayor - the 'could have been' striker.

funny that his 99/100 chances that should be goals are only goals about 1/100 attempts (it appears to be so this season)

dembele wasn't his usual self today. got caught in possession quite a few times today. naughton really impressed at lb today, he should be trained to play in that position and then benny would have some tough competition

Bale was never a LB, not really. Even in the few games he played there for Southampton he ran the wing and got goals, he was never defensive in the slightest.

His game has evolved to make him an excellent winger/wide forward, natural progression is not central imo. It is to be able to be effective moving central, and right, and basically all across the attack.

He is not and never will be a central player at his core, imo.

Fair enough bro.............Good banter on the matter. All your points have merit.

The sad part is everyone will keep on banging on about Bale's diving and comparing him with that piece of shit Suarez.

The good thing is if Bale had to miss a game, Reading at home would be the match I'd pick.

Lovely 3 points..........

Just trying to figure out who's miss was worse..........Defoe or Ade ?

Bale has sadly created a name for himself w/ the zebras...........He needs to understand he wont be getting those calls ever.....Clearly fouled but he goes down so easily. He was definitely fouled, but he'll never see that call.

I'm going to go for a 2-1 And a Lennon goal, we'll see. On my way up now, COYS

Nice one.

Happy overall, always figured that would be a tight one. Great goal Lennon. Another good game from Naughton, Walker not so much. Lloris a fucking beast again.

Fuck the haters Bale can do what he wants after the performances he's put in for us. Don't think its a dive but can understand why the pen wasn't given, there is contact though so its not a dive. I'm aware there aren't appeals on regular yellows but I can't get an answer anywhere, can you get a 5th and the subsequent suspension rescinded?

The Bale booking is a fucking bandwagon jumping disgrace!
Here's a thought.... Why don't they coat Bale's kit in anti-vandalism paint? That way, the next fucking Neanderthal who rams their arm across him, or pulls him back, will have evidence inducing yellow paint all over them.. THEN WE'LL SEE WHO'S DIVING AND WHO'S FOULING!

I'm almost serious! Who can trial it?

Back
Top Bottom