Tottenham Hotspur vs Sunderland (away) 29/12/2012

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lennon ought to be doing that a lot more.

With "that" I mean spotting defenders off balance and just fucking knocking the ball 6-10 yards behind them and go to it.

Every other time it will be a goal, an assist og a penalty.

By "That" I thought you meant attacking the box with intent to score.

He so rarely does it, he usually attacks with intent to pass.

When he does go for it he is VERY effective, Ill never understand why he doesnt seem to have the confidence to do it more often

As expected bale is getting an absolute coating from fans posting on various other sites. These people have clearly not seen the incident, or they've seen it on match of the day and are still biased as fuck.

I will happily call bale a cheat if I think that's what he's done. But in what world is missing a tackle only to knee the attacker in the leg in the area not a penalty?

Appreciate Gareth's gone down easy in the past so not doing himself favours but its the refs job to make calls based in what he sees at that moment. Not what he's read in the papers.

In fairness to MOTD Hansen covered it well and said that the ref clearly got it wrong

I know but read the comments in the story on Bbc website. Around 95% anti bale even after seeing motd. Yeah I shouldn't give a shit what they think but when people start comparing him with squeaky clean Walcott yesterdat less than a week after he wino a very dodgy penalty for way less contact it boils me up inside

I like McClean at Sunderland, would make a good back up to Bale IMO.

Runs at players the same way, commits people and makes things happen. Also his right foot is actually capable of things other than standing on.

I like McClean at Sunderland, would make a good back up to Bale IMO.

Runs at players the same way, commits people and makes things happen. Also his right foot is actually capable of things other than standing on.

Thought he looked very promising last season but it's not really clicked for him yet this year. A move might be good for him but he'd not get much game time here with Bale in the side who, if he's fit, will play most games

Im kind of thinking as cover for now and a reasonable alternative when Bale goes (which I think is inevitable in the next year or so). Having that cover now would give us real strength in depth, Id love to know we had McClean to come in against Reading for example. Also to enable a bit of rest/rotation to try and keep Bale free from niggles.

McClean started on fire for Bruce, a change of manager and a relegation scrap seem to have knocked the stuffing out of him a bit. Im not sure MON is the right man for him, he doesnt like flair :D so as you say a move could do him some real good.

I thought he did quite well yesterday. Would be a smart buy IMO, if not the most exciting.

Jesus, can you imagine if he was playing for the red half of Merseyside

That's one of the worst bits though. They are trying to put him and Suarez in the same category as players who don't dive but have an unfair reputation for it.

Diving or not, you don't see Bale acting like a massive whining cunt at any single decision that goes against him

That's one of the worst bits though. They are trying to put him and Suarez in the same category as players who don't dive but have an unfair reputation for it.

Diving or not, you don't see Bale acting like a massive whining cunt at any single decision that goes against him

Erm... think I have to disagree there. Obviously 'massive whining cunt' would be several bridges too far, but he definitely doesn't endear himself with his reactions to decisions that don't go his way...

919322-15267765-640-360.jpg

Thought he looked very promising last season but it's not really clicked for him yet this year. A move might be good for him but he'd not get much game time here with Bale in the side who, if he's fit, will play most games

He's a real moaner though, if he wasn't picked regularly you'd soon hear about it, he made enough noise when Trap wasn't picking him for Ireland.

I like Sessegnon, positive, two footed, good eye for goal. Could certainly do worse. Though I do feel he is much more a forward than winger, and I do like the idea of a proper winger to cover Bale and Lennon.

This is probably half the problem. If Bale was inclined to remonstrate with the refs and give them a hard time over wrong decisions, they'd probably not inclined to pull him up on it all the time, but being a nice quiet boy from the Valley's, the refs are confident enough to book him every time.

As I said the the S'land match thread, how many players go down in the box looking for a penalty on any given weekend? And how many of them get booked for it?

Answers: Plenty. None.

This is probably half the problem. If Bale was inclined to remonstrate with the refs and give them a hard time over wrong decisions, they'd probably not inclined to pull him up on it all the time, but being a nice quiet boy from the Valley's, the refs are confident enough to book him every time.

As I said the the S'land match thread, how many players go down in the box looking for a penalty on any given weekend? And how many of them get booked for it?

Answers: Plenty. None.

Again, I must not be seeing the same things everyone is seeing here. Bale complaints to/remonstrates with refs all the time.

Back
Top Bottom