Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Annalynne Mccord Comedy GIF by Pop TV
Meant to say skipp not winks. He was piss poor tonight

I watched him in the inter...well tried to ..he was invisible.
Came on and was great for 10 minutes then went missing.
But Hog was not having a good game either.
On balance Soton deserved the win but we should have had three points from both games not one.

Kulusevski should play at the middle. He’s a slow player for the wings

Wow. Where are all the "Great Transfer Window fans now?"

We spent a whole window chasing 1 player while Low-balling by 5 million (That's probably what a pie stand makes from the vegan sausage rolls. Then we spend 3 weeks chasing a player to low-ball again by a few million in add-ons and we end up buying two bench warmers when we could've used that same cash to probably get Basouma.

Who are we kidding? This isn't a rebuild. It's a cleanup in order to make space for new second hand goods.

Sanchez is a player with a fragile mentality. You cold tell he was losing his head more and more often after pressure went on and we failed to control midfield and Emerson being a fucking Donkey on the right side. Davies unlucky with the slip on first. The two other goals is just calamity.
This. Sanchez can't play against teams who rely on pressing. And he often clears the ball brainlessly whether he's under pressure or not

Are they defensive though?

Both lack top quality AND both are neither real defensive nor attacking midfielders.

I know PEH is a #8 but nowhere near quality for our first XI. Winks, shit I don't even know what to describe him as.

They are such a deeply dysfunctional duo. Making each others worse. Don't defend, don't press, don't move the ball fast enough.
Would definitely agree that they aren’t good enough. They lack creativity , are too easily overrun, are and offer the defence as much protection as an out of date Durex

On my way back and that was probably one of the worst performances of the season.

It’s one thing struggling to break down a defensive team with a low block

It’s another to get out played by Southampton

Couldn’t get out of our half most of the game

That was poor and unacceptable. Royal and Winks should only start for us in cup games, they are so bad I literally dont see what Conte see's in them.

A large chunk of this defeat is on Conte to be honest. Not just by picking Winks and Royal but he watched us getting battered for 45 mins without doing a thing about it, then comes out the second half with the same 11 and set-up.
We nearly got away with one but in the end got what we deserved from some poor decisions and mistakes.

Why is it every corner or free kick for the opposition causes us problems and always looks like a goal opportunity, but every one for us hits the first man and ends up with no threat what so ever.

We shouldn't be losing to fodder like that, pure and simple.. After Leicester and Brighton I thought we were starting to get it right but tonight has put us back some way.

On to Wolves where a response is a MUST.

Back
Top Bottom