Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Google translate -
Hmm, we must admit that Rennes is within its rights to contest in this very vague affair. And I remember how we had treated Rennes against Woolwich, reversal of the matches, authorization to play given to Lacazette, all via absurd quibbles. In reality, Rennes being the "little one", we were taken for minions. Also the reaction of Rennes this evening is understandable, to be too "nice" is to stay small! Now, Rennes risks losing 48 precious hours for nothing, this must also be taken into account.

BTW D'ailleurs breizh you're on an English speaking forum.tu es sur un forum anglophone
FIXÉ!

Salud deoc’h !
As I said, comme je l’ai dit, wie ich gesagt habe, como lo he dicho, come ho detto :
« Sa décision permettra de juger si Rennes a pris un peu d’épaisseur sur la scène européenne ou si le club breton devra une nouvelle fois subir un coup bas de Nyon.«

You are such a cunning linguist breizh

BBC reporting it’s now 8 players and 5 staff members

23 - 8 = 15

Don't the rules state that if you have 13 available players you must play?

I guess we will forfeit the game.
If less than 13 players from the A list (bellow) submitted to UEFA:

Lloris
Austin
Gollini
Doherty
Romero
Dier
Emmerson
Sanchez
Rodon
Sessennon (Suspended so I guess he doesn't count???)
Tangagnga
Davies
Fagon-Walcott
Omole
Cesay
Lyons-Foster
PEH
Son
Winks
Gil
Lo Celso
Dele
Bergwjin
Moura
Ndombele
Skipp
White
John
Clarke
Craig
Craig
Markanday
Kane
Scarlett
Mundle

As we saw from the Belenenses vs Benfica game a couple of weeks ago it can get even more farcical, they could only field a team of nine players, which included two goalkeepers, following 14 players had tested positive. They were forced to play the game, which got abandoned in the 2nd half because they had 3 injuries sustained in the game and were unable to make subs therefore under the laws of the game if a team can't field 7 players it can be cancelled.

Play it, get it over with or if the players and staff really are too concerned to play, tell UEFA to go fuck themselves and withdraw and file a court case for loss of earnings/revenue

UEFA postponed Atalanta vs Villareal due to snow yesterday. If they don't postpone this due a mass outbreak of a global deathly virus then it shows where their priorities are.

Rennes may have travelled here, but that lays with UEFA for not sorting this earlier.
UEFA did not postpone the match, they had no say in the matter.
The match was called off by the referee Anthony Taylor.

Salud deoc’h !
As I said, comme je l’ai dit, wie ich gesagt habe, como lo he dicho, come ho detto :
« Sa décision permettra de juger si Rennes a pris un peu d’épaisseur sur la scène européenne ou si le club breton devra une nouvelle fois subir un coup bas de Nyon.«
GIGCX7C.gif

News outlets are reporting it’s off but it isn’t ?

If it’s played , every player should start coughing the moment they walk on the pitch , try to shake the Rennes players hands etc

Let’s be honest though, this competition has the importance of a pre season trophy.
But from Levy’s perspective, a run to the final could generate £20M minimum as an estimate

I think that’s short sighted as it almost certainly means CL next year won’t happen

Irrespective of what UEFA say, the club has already said it's off.

Can't fuck the fans about by now changing their minds.

For fucks sake, if public health (that of the players and coaches of both teams, the stadium staff etc.) is really the overriding priority, then this and other matches should be cancelled - Europe, League, Cup, it doesn't matter a jot.

If they aren't and there is clearly a serious issue its because other concerns have been deemed to be more important, which stinks.

"Discussions are ongoing with UEFA and we shall provide a further update on this fixture in due course."

Translation: Levy is greasing their palms but his offer of a £15 Mr Byrite Gift Voucher hasn't worked yet.

Back
Top Bottom