Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least we only lost 2-3 at home to Wolves, this season. Progress. Last season at the first whispers of a title challenge after thrashing Bournemouth on Boxing Day, we went and lost 1-3 at home (well Wembley) to Wolves from 1-0 up. I’m just weary of a lifelong, never ending cycle of going around in circles.
If we are happy enough accepting that we are all screwed

This season is petering out very quickly, all we can hope for now is to finish as high as possible (hopefully some sort of European football) and make it to the summer and have a PROPER rebuild!!

hes a sitting duck. He has nothing available to change our fortunes

Mate, Pochetinno had to go. Mourinho was brought in. I did not expect miracles but I did expect improvement.

Of course the squad is limited. No additions up front in January. Extraordinary.

But this is one of the best managers in history and whilst he is better than the departing Pochettino it ain't by much.

Sitting duck is the wrong term I feel. Disappointment far more accurate.

Listen I think he is going to get the summer to show he still has the passion and quality but I would give him no more than a 5 out 10 chance of getting us into the top 4 next season.

We are slipping comfortably into mediocrity and scare nobody.

Mate, Pochetinno had to go. Mourinho was brought in. I did not expect miracles but I did expect improvement.

Of course the squad is limited. No chance up front in January. Extraordinary.

But this is one of the best managers in history and whilst he is better than the departing Pochettino it ain't by much.

Sitting duck is the wrong term I feel. Disappointment far more accurate.

Listen he is going to get the summer to show he still has the passion and quality but I would give him no more than a 5 out 10 chance of getting us into the top 4 next season.

We are slipping comfortably into mediocrity and scare nobody.

Its poches team minus kane and son. What do you expect? You are actually asking for miracles

So blame them when they actually fail, not when they happen to have a decent game?
They didn’t have a decent game.
Dele was his usual shit, Aurier scores a brilliant goal but cost a goal and picked the ball up to take a throw in on the pitch, and Winks contributed, yet again, to our central midfield being a walk over

Wolves had 34% possession, almost 1/2 of the passes compared to us, had four shots on target but scored three.

This is on the pathetic defending we saw today. With a somewhat competent back line today, we should have won. It shouldn't be on the offense to be required to score 4-5 goals every game just to get a win.

But it isn't just defenders who should be defending better. If you constantly allow the opposition to get into the situations we let them get into, because the players ahead of the defence are fucking lazy stupid and badly disciplined, you expose defenders and chaos ensues.

Some of the defending wasn't good, but if you keep allowing opposition teams to get into these overload and isolated 1v1 situations, they have the upper hand in the situation and it makes them very hard to defend.

Ndombele is garbage pal
So’s Moura. I’m sick of hearing the crowd cheer him as he ‘gets stuck in yet again’. The only reason he’s so ‘tenacious’ is because he’s always in a tackle and so fucking practiced at it

he literally is the proverbial second touch is a tackle

Saying that there were far worse things going on out there than Mouras useless first touch

Back
Top Bottom