Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford - 19.10.2019 @ 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But you are happy with Poch's tactics, changes, media communication, rotation and results overall in 2019?

I am the least happy with the persistent selection of the rebels. I am unhappy with the in-game tactics, in particular diamond formation and too late subs. I am a bit unhappy with the communication, then again what he says is true.

None of the above comes even close to the disgust I feel towards the players, who simply have chosen to stop playing football without a shadow of remorse, excuse or even just a hint of feelings. Fucking disgusting.

Don't agree, I think Sissoko's defensive work is decent and goes unheralded when he is playing centrally, he is very mobile, physical and a good engine.

He works hard but he's always chasing back and trying to recover, he doesn't read the game. He's not a defensively-minded player who senses danger, intercepts the ball and breaks up play. He's just a good athlete who is willing to run all the way back and make a tackle when someone has gone past him.

Sandro, Parker, Dier, Wanyama, when they were in their prime these guys were serious defensive midfielders. They protected the team and stopped attacks before they could happen. Sissoko does not stop attacks from happening he just tries to stop them resulting in a goal.

Typical of the heteronormative cis-gender transphobia that is killing football.

How dare you body-shame your uncle-aunt - if ze wants to identify as your aunt-uncle (and I think we can all agree that such toxic terminology has no place in the woke 21st century) ze is free to do so, regardless of irrelevant notions such as zer genitalia
I'm fat but I identify as thin...is this helpful?

The only way to fix this is to change the manager. The players need to be challenged by a new voice who has no loyalty to any of them. They have to prove themselves. Too many of them are in the team because they have been here for 5 years and no other reason.

...and, for what it's worth, for the pricks in the South Stand lower looking at me like I'd just raped their nan and pissed on her body for DARING to stand up and have the TEMERITY to sing during the first half... shame on you... I hope you enjoyed your fucking day out...
I'm sorry it wasn't as pleasing as the American Football... like you'd hoped!

....oh, and you can stick your fucking selfie stick up your Arse!

we had NOBODY between the lines, nobody comes towards the ball any more, no forward passing, turning and running past anyone, taking anyone on on the wings-the football we have been playing for a year has been utterly pathetic.
This is the 3rd best squad in the division and should have zero problems beating teams like newcastle brighton and fucking watford.
The manager doesnt want to be here any more than the 'rebel' players, he is and always has been tactically inept and refuses to learn, his team selections and player treatment is baffling, he simply has to go and he will, its just a matter of time- a total hammering at anfield will probably do it.

And I've been a huge fan of Poch I might add. Its over

I am sick of watching us, I don't enjoy it whatsoever and its been like this for such a long time.

That is the first step to build our confidence
Anybody else watch that match and share the same view ? What is he fucking drinking / sniffing. :thumbdown:. We have very luckily recovered to gain a 1-1 draw against a side that is bottom of the league and he talks like it's some sort of sign of a comeback. Utter bollocks.

Aurier got better second half but both himself and Rose were massive issues today. when we were using the FBs to stretch the game then they need to be quick. These two tody slowed everything down allowing the Watford double block of four to get back behind the ball and crowd us out.

Not only were Danny and Serge slow thinkers, they play the ball at a walking pace, but they both physically slow too.

Winks wants too much time on the ball, The Belgian CBs have regressed years. I think I'd honestly trade them to have Dunk and Duffy.

Sissoko and Ndombele don't hold onto the ball well enough, like Winks, often turning into trouble.

the biggest prob was we just didn't get the ball to Son/Lucas enough to use the pace and trickery they have to run at the Watford defence!

Alli, I thought was pretty good, a few lovely little passes, took his goal well. I hear people giving out about his flicks and tricks etc but tbh at least he's trying something, okay it doesn't always come off but it's creative and honestly I rather see him try something tricky than watch 3/4 mins of us passing it left to right and then back across to not even muster a shot at the end!

I hate how much I love this club, I hate how much bad performances affect my mood and ruin my weekend. Tottenham are killing me these days and I feel awful for it.

Back
Top Bottom