Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny Rose looks back fondly on his winning goal

r-chris-tucker-large570.jpg

HEOJs.gif

Brilliant win and impressive stats from Sherwood

However performance was torrid with no clue, no structure and no compusure
Truth is that once more we were dead luck with referee cards and we should be thankfull for Hugos saves. Could easily have lost

Was extra happy when Rose scored, I stand by this kid. Nice to see some fire in one of our players...

Team did well, Tim was atrocious, soft weak out numbered midfield and refusal to play a DM etc. Can't wait till he's gone now.

Proud of the team, ended a little unbeaten run didn't we? COYS.

Did Danny walk down the tunnel early under instruction from Tim? Seemed that way at first but then I saw a replay of him swearing into thin air when he saw he was coming off. Was about the smartest thing Sherwood did today, in fairness. He would've gone.

Good call on subbing Rose. there you go I said something positive about Tim

Not a great performance but i'll take solace in the fact that the biggest surviving collection of neanderthals got to witness their new midget hate figure beat them with a header.

Eat a dick Stoke fans!

Was extra happy when Rose scored, I stand by this kid. Nice to see some fire in one of our players...

Team did well, Tim was atrocious, soft weak out numbered midfield and refusal to play a DM etc. Can't wait till he's gone now.

Proud of the team, ended a little unbeaten run didn't we? COYS.

And we kept up our nice run of not having lost after scoring first (but only by the barest of margins...)

Please link.

I've been on the Oatcake forum but registration is suspended. I got banned from there before for threatening to set fire to one of their posters.. they are a touchy bunch.
Read the match report from today there's comments like 1-0 to the referee and we were all over them even with 10 men.

quite possibly one of the ugliest Spurs wins I have ever witnessed
Total lack of structure, devoid of any skill (less ades assist) and without any apparent coherent team plan.
The highlight was watching Kaboul bulldozing through to the goal.

Did Danny walk down the tunnel early under instruction from Tim? Seemed that way at first but then I saw a replay of him swearing into thin air when he saw he was coming off. Was about the smartest thing Sherwood did today, in fairness. He would've gone.
he clapped the away fans before he left :adesalute:

Glad to have the three points. Glad that the much maligned Danny Rose scored the winner, he does try hard even if he's not very good. Ended Stoke's four game home win streak as well.

However, this game encapsulated everything that is wrong with this team. So mentally soft. Soon as the Stoke fans started booing and making noise we went completely to tatters. I'm not even talking about Rose, the whole team just started pissing the ball away over and over and generally looking like they were about to shit themselves. We were totally rattled. Seen it so many times this year.

Lloris, Dawson, and Kaboul can hold their heads high. Everyone else was much closer to dreadful than good. Sherwood's subs were odd.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are we not the only London club to return from the Britannica with all three points this season? Only second team all year to win there? Not bad.

Decent performance from the guys aside from a couple (Lennon and Paulinho), really pleased to see the center backs playing so well. Strikers did well in tandem of one dropping back to receive or defend if needed with the other staying high, and also did well staying off each other's toes.

Back
Top Bottom