Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Boxing Day Bonanza

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst Austin being out is a good thing as he scores goals - I feel he's probably a lot easier to mark than Gabbiadini, who've movement is very impressive, even if he has a goal drought. It would be just like Tottenham to give him a nice Christmas present wouldn't it?

I guess they're likely to line up like this:

Forster
Stephens - Yoshida - Hoedt
Cedric - Lemina - Romeu - Hojberg - Targett
Boufal
Gabbiadini

Tadic, Redmond and Ward-Prowse are all creative. We should not underestimate these, whatever the table says. They have better players than Burnley.
This.

If we walk into this expecting a 4-0 trashing we will get fooled. Professional performance. Take the opposition seriously

I've got an hour and a half to get from the airport to Wembley, keeping everything crossed that the plane is on time!!! Bloomin' TV schedulers, I would have been OK if it had been a 3 or 5.30 kick off.

Very naughty by Austin :bmj:

That's so blatant and bad because it's a kick to the face while the guy is on the floor that frankly I'm surprised there's no assault charge being made. That's not football in any sense of the word it was a pure assault. And how the hell do you only get three game ban for that? Three months would be lenient in my view, it's absolutely mad when you consider a genuine but bad late challenge can get you a three game ban.

That's so blatant and bad because it's a kick to the face while the guy is on the floor that frankly I'm surprised there's no assault charge being made. That's not football in any sense of the word it was a pure assault. And how the hell do you only get three game ban for that? Three months would be lenient in my view, it's absolutely mad when you consider a genuine but bad late challenge can get you a three game ban.
Also sure Dele and the Moose got longer for a soft punch and a eye gouge that had as much contact as when I put on mascara!

Back
Top Bottom