Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think one of Son’s problems, so to speak, is that when he’s off it, it really shows. His touch and timing is just a little awry and then everything breaks down. He was misplacing passes today, which is evidence of rust.

He’ll be fine in a month or so.

Rather off when it doesn't matter than when it does but we now have Richarlison and he will add the fizz when needed.

They say Diaz is the signing of the January window. By which fucking metric? Kulu is incredible at 22 years old.

Both are really good players with their own strengths, but technique wise, Kulusevski looks on a different level. He has a much better goals/assists record too which isn't just a fluke.

Risking neg reps here but I though Emerson really came into the game and was quite good after the first 20 minutes.

He also benefitted from Kulusevski running absolutely rampant.

Between Sess and Royal I think it’s clear that a preseason and getting comfortable with Conte’s style has massively benefitted our wingbacks. They look much more confident in what they’re supposed to be doing.

He had a very good game, and I think only those with an entrenched agenda against him would argue otherwise.

Yeah it's probably a big factor of Saints defenders being instructed to double up on the two of them as they (on paper) are our biggest threats. Kulusevski's able to take advantage of that with more freedom on the right.
Almost every time we had the ball in the final third, Kane and/or Son usually had a couple defenders shadowing them at all times. Son had his chances but was just uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal. Another day he has 2 goals and an assist - he's just rusty. Kane didn't really have any service but he allowed Kulu and our wingbacks more space. I think we sometimes underestimate how focused teams and defenses are on Kane and Son.

Very enjoyable afternoon, just waiting in a very long queue for a drink, so dehydrated!!
But atmosphere in the Shelf bar fantastic, having a great sing-song. Great stuff, very happy:)

I'm responding to his original post which he aimed at me which had nothing at all to do with Spurs or today's game and is just him being a numpty as usual, numb nuts.
And now you're insulting me? Wow. Maybe just focus on discussing the game and not on the not very inventive insults you appear to be hurling. Ignore it mate. It's easy.

Almost every time we had the ball in the final third, Kane and/or Son usually had a couple defenders shadowing them at all times. Son had his chances but was just uncharacteristically wasteful in front of goal. Another day he has 2 goals and an assist - he's just rusty. Kane didn't really have any service but he allowed Kulu and our wingbacks more space. I think we sometimes underestimate how focused teams and defenses are on Kane and Son.
Aye, and even with all that Kane was still able to pull off some lovely playmaking passing from a little deeper. When we're fully clicking, I don't see how any team is going to be able to live with us.

Back
Top Bottom