Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's exactly how I summed it up at about 11 last night as I passed through fucking audley.

The 8 train was just as busy. On the way there and on the way back the trains only one working toilet. Shocking service all round.
Submit a complaint. It's often possible to get a refund for delays, poor service, etc.

Something else that really pissed me off, and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet because I can't be bothered to read what is most likely a depressing thread...
After the game yesterday, only Hugo and Dawson bothered to clap the fans. After that shocking display I was expecting the whole team to come over, apologise to us all individually, give us the shirts off their backs, and offer to take us all for a beer and a nandos after.
But no. Just Hugo and Dawson clapping. From the middle of the pitch.

Something else that really pissed me off, and I don't know if it's been mentioned yet because I can't be bothered to read what is most likely a depressing thread...
After the game yesterday, only Hugo and Dawson bothered to clap the fans. After that shocking display I was expecting the whole team to come over, apologise to us all individually, give us the shirts off their backs, and offer to take us all for a beer and a nandos after.

Let's hope it was complete and utter embarrassment that prompted them to do such a thing.

Tbh the last thing I wanted to see was Dawson grinning like an idiot after he'd played like that

@ Blanchflower Blanchflower

I thinks it's funny over the last month or so that the Dawson fanboys have really piped down...his been utterly dreadful...whilst a good servant a B grade CB....
If only Kabul could stay fit or vlad didn't get injured...

Dawson has his strengths, and IMO we are not playing to them at all.

While I dont think he is a top class CB, and I do think his performances have been pretty poor - I also think its in large part due to how we have been set up not suiting him.

He is not a player you want people running at, and yet our current set up actively encourages it, for example.

Dawson has his strengths, and IMO we are not playing to them at all.

While I dont think he is a top class CB, and I do think his performances have been pretty poor - I also think its in large part due to how we have been set up not suiting him.

He is not a player you want people running at, and yet our current set up actively encourages it, for example.
I much rather have Dawson doing the charging and Verts mopping up behind him with his pace and ability than the other way around

I much rather have Dawson doing the charging and Verts mopping up behind him with his pace and ability than the other way around

i think this is his major weakness..him charging out at yaya toure still haunts me...his reading of the game is poor and his go to method seems to be charge out the line as fast as possible..if u saw europa the other night, in the lead up to the penalty he was guilty of the exact same thing...

i think this is his major weakness..him charging out at yaya toure still haunts me...his reading of the game is poor and his go to method seems to be charge out the line as fast as possible..if u saw europa the other night, in the lead up to the penalty he was guilty of the exact same thing...

Agreed.

The one thing you can't afford to do at centre back is run out from your back line - every single time the opposition just nick the ball past him (apart from when he just about managers to foul them) and Vertonghen is left two on one at best.

Agreed.

The one thing you can't afford to do at centre back is run out from your back line - every single time the opposition just nick the ball past him (apart from when he just about managers to foul them) and Vertonghen is left two on one at best.

im a big believer in judging the quality of CB by how calm they look on and off the ball..vertonghen makes defending look effortless as does silva, dante, ramos and co...dawson looks flustered all the time and relies on his athletism rather than his brain way to often...dawsons problem now is they even his physical skills are failing him...id take him on the bench but we really need ether kaboul or vlad back..kabouls defending gainst newcastle got me excited

I don't disagree although still maintain this is the 'lesser' of the 2 evils. Imagine he had to mop-up behind Verts with his pace and tackling, as last resort before Lloris

This.
I really enjoyed his performance that day.
It made me sad, if Im honest.
He was superb, looked like there could be a real gem of a partnership with Verts as well.
And all through the game I thought to myself "Look how great he is, now I wont see him again for a month..."

His injury record is abysmal, and more and more I come to the thinking that he is just broken, and will never be a regular

@ Blanchflower Blanchflower

I thinks it's funny over the last month or so that the Dawson fanboys have really piped down...his been utterly dreadful...whilst a good servant a B grade CB....
If only Kabul could stay fit or vlad didn't get injured...
The Dawson fanboys have piped down?
are you 12 years old?
You operate on binary levels matey, nothing you say comes in gradients, and it does you no favours if you want to be taken seriously.
WE ALL know that the guy isn't the best defender in the world, and we all understand that he isn't the best defender in the first team squad.
The difference between the adults and the children is that we can recognise when he does play well and we can see what he does to add value to the team. People like you see one or 2 missed tackles and he's an instant clown, because you have invested so much of your invective in knocking the guy down, that you seem to have forgotten that its a Tottenham shirt he plays in. It's far more important to you to slag off your bete noir than it is to see any good, or back the guy.
Not that it matters as you're so far away that your kind of support makes no difference.
And before you start throwing your teddies, - same for me. The difference is that I don't spend all of my time on here whining like a fucking air raid siren.

It made me sad, if Im honest.
He was superb, looked like there could be a real gem of a partnership with Verts as well.
And all through the game I thought to myself "Look how great he is, now I wont see him again for a month..."

His injury record is abysmal, and more and more I come to the thinking that he is just broken, and will never be a regular
Sad isn't it - Ledley, Woodgate and now Kaboul

Back
Top Bottom