Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love this lineup. Maybe Lamela > Townsend on ability, but for consistency they're both terrible options. Apart from that it's possibly our strongest team.

Ade back on the bench I see. As most as I dislike the man I think it's the right decision. Definitely more of a goal threat off the bench than Soldado. I'd have started Mousa over Andros for his defensive qualities but I love that Poch don't think like that.

This may be a bone thrown his way, or a sign that Soldado's now considered unredeemable by Pochettino.

Either way, I wouldn't bring him on under any circumstances.
No point having players on the bench with no chance of them coming on. If that was the logic i'd rather have that Shayon Harrison kid or Oduwa for experience.

No point having players on the bench with no chance of them coming on. If that was the logic i'd rather have that Shayon Harrison kid or Oduwa for experience.
So would I. I actually think they have a better chance of scoring as well. Ade hasn't looked decent in 12 months, and he doesn't work well in the system.

Seriously think the back up to Kane should be putting a winger up top, and putting on another one. Neither Ade, nor Bobby are a viable option, at this point.

Has poch finally given up on lamella?

Doubt it. Townsend has been poor but he's getting points and is showing some development. He deserves a run out in the team as Lamela has been poor as well lately. If he wants to play he'll have to prove he deserves to and I'd think Poch is trying to light a fire under him by introducing him to the bench ;)

I think picking Dier over Fazio is the best overall decision, but I hope he's ready for the endless long balls punted up for Fellaini to knock down.

In fairness, he's probably less likely to get wound up by him and get himself sent off, too. Let Fellaini get a red, the dirty bastard.

De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Fellaini, Young, Rooney.
mediocre I would say, if SAF was still in charge I would have been scared but right now I believe that if we play positive football like we know we can pick those 3 points.
2-1 to the mighty spurs, kane brace

Back
Top Bottom