Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If not for 2 reaction saves with the keeper's feet, we could have had all 3...I'm not sure I'll be fully recovered from this till Thursday...I'm beside myself with the result...COYS!

Lennon is nothing but class...United can't handle that speed. Christ my voice is gone. Definitely the better team in the second half. Demps' post game interview was so serious, bro didn't even smile.

Was going to write this when the game finished when it was 1-0

So proud of the boys today. I expected to lose against Utd, I always do. I expected to put in a plucky performance but then get undone by a combination of our own suicidal tendencies and dubious refereeing.

Instead we lose today having played the great champions elect Utd off the park. With them scoring from their only meaningful chance. Having been cynical dirty fucks all game, as they always are when its not going their way. Having played against Chris Foy as well as 11 men. In a blizzard. Without Sandro, without Adebayor, without Vertonghen...

I am really proud that for once we went at them on an equal footing and got the better of them (if not in scoreline). This was not a plucky performance from an underdog, it was a solid, quality performance from a team that more and more looks the real deal.

The ridiculous thing is, also, that whenever I see us play this season it is clear that we are no where near 100% of what this team is shaping up to be.

Imagine what will happen when we finally nail our final third play?!

Really chuffed today, even in the face of defeat.

Then the Deuce played his part

And I wonder if that was a real watershed in our season. We did not give up. If a team was going to score it was only going to be us. We lacked finese in the final third all day but through sheer force of will got the ball across the line. That looked to me like the performance we will look back in time as the moment we turned from being best of the rest to genuine top table team.

Its a fucking draw, but Im giddy right now.

Giddy that we just played them off the park while being far from our best.

Giddy at what might be if we can keep ourselves on this trajectory.

Seriously, quality play in the final third and the skies the limit!

What a fucking game. Lennon was unplayable and we were on top for most of it. Great stuff.

Massive point, United were wasteful considering the space they had on the counter. Never felt like the goal was coming with so many chances missed.

Always felt Dempsey was a big game player, missed that chance in the second half but there again to put an easy one away.

Entire match I was dising Dempsey ... but in the end he got the last laugh ... he may not be one of the best in the lilywhite ... but he surely won my heart over for the 2 goals against Man U ....

COYS :dempsey2:

You can say we pulled off a Manchester United with the late game heroics. We are no longer the team that gives up leads like we did early in the season. Damn I can't believe I am so excited with a draw!!!

Entire match I was dising Dempsey ... but in the end he got the last laugh ... he may not be one of the best in the lilywhite ... but he surely won my heart over for the 2 goals against Man U ....

COYS :dempsey2:

I don't think he was too bad...was dispossed way too often, but that has always been an issue and yea I agree he isn't a "pretty" player but HOLY FUCK he doesn't quit and gives it all to his squad. I love the yellow for celebrating with the fans. Someone buy me a pint im gonna fly over and help paint the town lilywhite.

ibo9nOyy5b6mTn.gif

I have never felt happier to get a draw. And I don't want to see Defoe OR Ade up front anymore. Buy a striker or give Obika or Coulibaly or Coulthurst a chance. At least they have potential and can do things other than swerve and shoot and miss chances.

I don't think he was too bad...was dispossed way too often, but that has always been an issue and yea I agree he isn't a "pretty" player but HOLY FUCK he doesn't quit and gives it all to his squad. I love the yellow for celebrating with the fans. Someone buy me a pint im gonna fly over and help paint the town lilywhite.

4 goals, in 4 matches in 2013...that goal was what he does, he is in the right place, right time, and puts the ball in the net. He looks settled in the squad finally, and I think it's only upward from here for him and the squad.

One of my favourite matches of the season - timing the WELL-DESERVED equaliser in fergie time made it very sweet.

No big controversies as I had feared, Rooney might have had a penalty but we had a few shouts as well and if Dempsey had fallen he would have got one.

DEMPSEY IS THE MAN - a big game goalscorer - people criticising him early season were well out of order - he's delivered on much more important occasions than the overpaid Adebayor (Get your shit together Ade and I'll be happy to sing your praises)

Back
Top Bottom