****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
I think what we're really seeing play out here are the two ends of the fan spectrum...

Those who have been brainwashed by UEFA to think the Champions League is the BE ALL AND END ALL OF FOOTBALL...

...and those who remember a time when local RIVALRY was the be-all and end all!

The funny thing is, those convincing themselves they wouldn't mind us winning and going all out for Fourth, are also bemoaning the fact that City have ruined the game as a competition with their untold wealth...

Well what the hell is the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE if not a money printing machine?

To help honest, I'm still not totally comfortable with the idea that a team finishing 2nd, 3rd OR 4th can enter a competition with CHAMPIONS in the title!

We have no place being there yet...
Let's win the League first, before we start worrying about how we'll fare in the Champions League!

I'm more than happy with the UEFA Cup (yeah, you heard... Europa League indeed!)

...and if it means our nearest and 'dearest' rivals don't actually WIN the league, then all the better!

Money wins out in the end these days... and City/Champions League has it in abundance...

But as for the Tottenham Woolwich rivalry... It's something money just can't buy!

Super post. Frame it and bring it out when you talk twaddle, to remind all that you have such moments of clarity.

I'm not surprised at all about the amount of fans deciding not to go. I'm one of them and gave my ticket away to a mate who supports Peterborough.

It's one thing 'supporting' City from the comfort of the sofa, but I feel it's quite another being at the ground. For me, it would have been just too weird and uncomfortable so decided it best not to attend.

Strange post.Makes up something that won’t happen to make a strange point. My point is we will never win a title under enic/levy as it’s not important to them. How about we have a bet? You bet we win a title under enic/levy? I bet we don’t? Because it seems like you think it’s realistic we could.
You think winning a title is important to enic/levy, I don’t. We will have to agree to disagree.
ENIC has never had any interest in trying to win a title, that has always been the case and always will.
In fairness to them, they have admitted to having little or no interest in football, it's purely financial reasons only.

I'm not surprised at all about the amount of fans deciding not to go. I'm one of them and gave my ticket away to a mate who supports Peterborough.

It's one thing 'supporting' City from the comfort of the sofa, but I feel it's quite another being at the ground. For me, it would have been just too weird and uncomfortable so decided it best not to attend.
Lucky enough I put mine up for sale quite early and it sold within the day.

ENIC has never had any interest in trying to win a title, that has always been the case and always will.
In fairness to them, they have admitted to having little or no interest in football, it's purely financial reasons only.
Exactly. I don’t know how anyone concludes ‘winning a title is important to them’ based on the 23 years they have been here. Very odd take which goes against the facts & evidence.

I think this could be the first game in decades where there will be no need for segregation . If I high fived a City fan it would not be genuine as I loathe them , but AFTV crying about Spurs fans celebrating with City fans might be worth the taste of bile in my mouth

Would genuinely feel motivated to support our players tomorrow if there weren't so many diabolical and half assed performances recently. That makes it a bit easier to support City tomorrow.

Good point. Something that’s been overlooked. When I’ve watched the scum and city (but they’ve always done it) just run and chase down every ball and work so hard on and off the ball in such an aggressive manner. We are so lazy and half arsed in comparison.

Strange post.Makes up something that won’t happen to make a strange point. My point is we will never win a title under enic/levy as it’s not important to them. How about we have a bet? You bet we win a title under enic/levy? I bet we don’t? Because it seems like you think it’s realistic we could.
You think winning a title is important to enic/levy, I don’t. We will have to agree to disagree.
Why - its a logical question to ask of someone who says that winning the league is not important to Levy/Enic.

I think it is massively important to them, because the club would have a much higher value - and that's what they want. What they don't want to do is stop paying their shareholders (ie mostly enic) and what they don't want is to pay even more or higher levels of interest to whoever loaned all that money for the new stadium

However, they have a lot invested in the club, and are playing the pragmatists game of spending as much as they can afford, whilst they clear the debts.

Did you notice how the goons hit the skids when they invested in their stadium, then when they paid it off, they suddenly started doing better? It's because they had more to spend on the team, wages etc

One day you will own your own house, and you will see how much more money you have when you aren't paying that big mortgage. Then you will spend more on cars and holidays etc

Do you see all your comments where you say "you think" - actually - its you who was trying to think, and you were hopelessly wrong about what I think.

Back
Top Bottom