****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Both sides should at least understand the other POV, even though they don't agree. Most of us have lived with that lot down the road winning the league, but I think it's going to be a lot worse, with the media frenzy that will undoubtedly be in evidence.
I'm now at the point of feeling quite sick about tomorrow night that I'm thinking of giving it a swerve; it totally feels wrong not wanting us to win a game.
I won't celebrate if they score, that's every shade of wrong, but I won't feel any pleasure if we do win, but there will be a sense of relief.
Some equate living the rivalry with being a "true fan". I disagree and even count many Woolwich fans among my friends. They would be my last choice to win the league yes, so I'm part of it too, but I want, and will always want, Spurs to win every game we play. And beating City would be huge for our team. I completely disagree with the idea of some posters on this forum that in a roundabout way, because of fans' rivalries, it would actually be better for our players, and the development of the team, to lose the game. A win vs City is massive

Some equate living the rivalry with being a "true fan". I disagree and even count many Woolwich fans among my friends. They would be my last choice to win the league yes, so I'm part of it too, but I want, and will always want, Spurs to win every game we play. And beating City would be huge for our team. I completely disagree with the idea of some posters on this forum that in a roundabout way, because of fans' rivalries, it would actually be better for our players, and the development of the team, to lose the game. A win vs City is massive

I've got many friends who are Woolwich and most of my family too.

Fuck em.

:adethumbup:

Think what fucks me off most us we' re back here again having some say, good or bad on them winning the title like Old Trafford in 99 or them winning it at our place in 2004. Its why the cries for patience after another mediocre season are starting to wear a bit thin.
Yeah. Ange's comments would only make sense if he actually had the capability of beating Woolwich himself. He refers to being a part of Celtic vs Rangers but his Celtic team dominated Rangers.

Do you really feel that way? You're a long way from where Ange is FWIW.

If we give it a go, fall short, City win and it hurts Woolwich great.

What would you do, play the U21s?
Of course I’m a long way from Ange. In two or three years he’ll be managing a different team and kissing their badge. And quite right too. He’s a professional coach.

But seriously, I can’t even believe this is a conversation. On what planet can any Spurs fan want to us be the team that delivers the title to the Scum?

And all for some dogshit Corinthian ideal of how sport is supposed to be played??

Bonkers.

Think what fucks me off most us we' re back here again having some say, good or bad on them winning the title like Old Trafford in 99 or them winning it at our place in 2004. Its why the cries for patience after another mediocre season are starting to wear a bit thin.

I agree with that but that sits with Levy and ENIC more than Ange a manager who is known for doing far better on his 2/3 rd season than 1st.

We might actually have a proper football structure in place with Lange, Munn and Paratici and seemingly backing an actual style of football for the longer period which we have never done before from youth team upwards. I appreciate that does seem a bit too little too late but on the flip side it’s better late than never.

Of course I’m a long way from Ange. In two or three years he’ll be managing a different team and kissing their badge. And quite right too. He’s a professional coach.

But seriously, I can’t even believe this is a conversation. On what planet can any Spurs fan want to us be the team that delivers the title to the Scum?

And all for some dogshit Corinthian ideal of how sport is supposed to be played??

Bonkers.

Yep. Im starting to think I might be on the wrong forum.

Arse-mania lite.

I agree with that but that sits with Levy and ENIC more than Ange a manager who is known for doing far better on his 2/3 rd season than 1st.

We might actually have a proper football structure in place with Lange, Munn and Paratici and seemingly backing an actual style of football for the longer period which we have never done before from youth team upwards. I appreciate that does seem a bit too little too late but on the flip side it’s better late than never.
100% on Levy and ENIC. Not sure Ange is that guy but it isnt on him, its on the people that have overseen 23 years that we're here again, happy to lose to stop them.

I wonder what kind of bonus is payable to the manager, players and staff for CL qualification? I’m assuming it’s hefty. And I’m assuming the players will do all they can to get it.

Different story if Villa beat the scouse though.

100% on Levy and ENIC. Not sure Ange is that guy but it isnt on him, its on the people that have overseen 23 years that we're here again, happy to lose to stop them.
Made even worse by the fact that just 2 seasons ago we finished above them, had Champions League football at their expense, and had a real opportunity to push on and exert some dominance.

If you don’t think the Scum winning the league will have any negative impact on our own trajectory, including who we might be looking to sign in the summer (for example, Isak or Toney) then fine. But to suggest some of us want to thwart their success just out of bitterness is plain wrong; I don’t want us to give our direct rivals a massive boost and widen the gap further between the two teams. Losing to City is good for Spurs over the longer term.

You go find a pub with Kai Havertz and be a “true” Spurs fan.

It means handing the PL title to woolwich, how fcukin massive is that?! Think about it.

Europa league is still a decent uplift in revenue.

There's a chasm between CL & EL

J6zYotj.png

It’s not a nothing burger.

If we take points off City it will be the most fucking disgusting, pointless exercise in ritual humiliation.

I’m being honest - I would struggle to forgive the team. Genuinely. If they help the Scum they can fuck off.

These fuckers have let us down for decades and the one time we actually need them to be shit they decide to turn up?

Fuck. That.

You never know what can happen in football

We could beat City, all the little gooner twats will record their videos and post their shit only to drop points to Everton and then we have ammunition for life.

We could celebrate losing to City and they blow it at West Ham making us the biggest cunts on the planet.

Liverpool have used the Europa this season to bed in Quansah and Conor Bradley; both already look Premier League quality.

They've also given minutes to Jayden Danns, McConnell, Doak, and Bobby Clark.

In recent years they've fully integrated Curtis Jones, Trent, Bajetic, and Joe Gomez into the first team. They could sell Trent to Real this summer for 100m and that alone would pay for 10 years of the academy.

In total these players have probably saved Liverpool 200m in transfer fees. All due to a manager willing to use the academy versus one who lets it rot.

Plus there's the intangible benefit of having players come through with a connection to the club. As opposed to a bunch of mercenaries who see it as a paycheque.
Incredible.
But looking half decent in the ropey league isn't the same as playing in the PL.
Let's see where they are in a few years.
Also, Liverpool didn't throw games to land themselves in the ropey league to keep on playing these players.

They literally Cheered on Chelsea to win the champions League so we just didn't qualify for it the next season and was saying they would rather lose the Europa League to Chelsea instead of us winning the Champions league the other year.
But that didn't damage Woolwich in any way shape or form. They had finished in the top 4 and were in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom