****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
I used to get up at 4.30am and commute to the City for years to do a day's work not sit in my PJs in front of the T.V.

And i still attended as many as 25 games a season in person. Home and away over land and sea.

Since 1972.

Obviously my loyalty is not on the same scale as yours but I'm trying.
Lol, laughable indeed. Take a chill pill mate. Glad you are leading a good life than most (perhaps you don't think so, but trust me, you do) so I don't know why you sound so passive aggressive comparing about loyalty when you are the one in the first place against the comparison.

Predicted line up (Obviously if it were up to me we'd play the Under 12's but whatever)

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Dragusin
VDV
Hojbjerg
Bentancur
Maddison
Johnson
Scarlett
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Dragusin VDV
Hojbjerg
Bentancur Maddison
Johnson Scarlett Son
[/lineup]

Bench:
Austin, Emerson, Skipp, Sarr, Lo Celso, Gil, Moore, Kulusevski, Donley

I mean, they'll fucking destroy us, whether we "let them" or not.
But to actively want to throw away a golden opportunity to get CL finish, more money, sign better players, improve the rep, exceed everyone's expectations etc is MADNESS.
It goes well beyond cutting our nose off to spite your face.
We were in the CL for how many years? Can you let me know which players that allowed us to Sign?
Its bollox that if we get in the CL suddenly we will have players banging down doors to sign for us!
Regardless If i had the choice to Finish in the CL places and The Gooners win the league or we finish 5th or lower and they don't win the league I'm choosing 5th every fucking time!
Also imagine a Player wants to Join a CL club and he wants to be in London , surely he is picking going to the Premier League Champions over a team that finished 4th? Still even if that wasn't the case as I have said before I would be happy ti finish 17th if it meant them cunts didn't win the league!

We were in the CL for how many years? Can you let me know which players that allowed us to Sign?
Its bollox that if we get in the CL suddenly we will have players banging down doors to sign for us!
Regardless If i had the choice to Finish in the CL places and The Gooners win the league or we finish 5th or lower and they don't win the league I'm choosing 5th every fucking time!
Also imagine a Player wants to Join a CL club and he wants to be in London , surely he is picking going to the Premier League Champions over a team that finished 4th? Still even if that wasn't the case as I have said before I would be happy ti finish 17th if it meant them cunts didn't win the league!

100% this.

Steve Carr, Nick Barmby and dare i say Judas.
how very dare you catherine tate GIF

Wasn't it Keown that stated on TalkSport that during his career Spurs' seasons were always about trying to stop Woolwich winning?

Our season has become exactly what he said.

He has the head and brain of a monkey.

Don’t pay too much attention to anything he says or you’re being dragged to his level and next thing you will be throwing your own shit at passing objects and pointing at planes.

We struggled to pump an already relegated Burnley

Regardless of if we want to win or not, Man City will beat us unless something ridiculous happens like their keeper getting sent off, and even then id still think they'd beat us

because, quite simply, they are better at football
Thats a Good point, roles reversed and we need to win tomorrow to avoid relegation we still aren't winning, I do have a sneaky feeling though VAR and the Ref will go out of there way to make it a draw however City are in a groove now - even with the help of the officials I think we lose this one 4 or 5 nil, City are just to Good which is what happens when you give a manager like Pep unlimited Funds!

I've been thinking about it continuously for the last 24 hours and I've come to the conclusion I definitely prefer the success of this club over the failure of Woolwich and given that if Villa do indeed lose to Liverpool I think we should absolutely be going for City's neck regardless of what happens elsewhere because if we win Villa will crumble like a subway cookie against Palace away and CL will be ours which will be massive in terms of what we can do in terms of transfers.
You actually make a decent argument.....But then it all falls down in the last sentence.
Qualification for UCL has never positively impacted our transfer budget. In fact, not so long ago, we qualified in 3rd place and didn’t sign a single player!

Yeah but what do people really want him to say and think?

If he gives those players even the slightest inkling that he's not bothered with winning a game, he's lost all respect from every single one of them.

But none of this matters. City will probably beat us and Woolwich will bottle it against Everton.

Oh ffs not one of your predictions, now the fucking opposite will happen.

We only need a draw for 5th, if we can’t get a draw against Sheffield United how the fuck we going to be playing in the Europa League.
Don't make me bookmark this and highlight it in the Ange thread when we have 327% possession and lose.
There's been several other worthy squad players in that time.
Barmby, Ian Walker, Townsend, Livermore, Walker-Peters, Skipp etc etc.

The fact that most now move on is more a sign that Spurs are more successful than most clubs and need to sign a higher calibre of player to compete. Doesn't diminish the value of the academy.
Barmby was before me. As in, he was already a first team player and left not long after I got into Spurs.
Also left us for any old shite just to go back north at the time. Walker - errr. He was ok. The rest I tend to forget exist a lot.
Steve Carr, Nick Barmby and dare i say Judas.
Judas and Barmby both came through before I got into football. Even if we throw them and Carr in, that's 5 first team worthy players since the start of the 90's.
I don't have long enough to live to sit here and list all the crap that's come through and never gone on to do anything with their careers.

We spent most of our CL seasons at WHL/Wembley while building the new stadium.
Now we're in the new stadium, with a few years of steady income etc, we should be able to much better utilize that CL income.

I have already pointed out the extra spending in CL seasons, especially since the move back home.
We just need to spend it better.

Back
Top Bottom