****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Why wouldn't you want your team to win? I want them to win every game...we had our 2 chances to take points off them and we fucked it.
The way I see it: if fourth is still on, I totally want us to win and challenge for it.
If 4th is gone, then I still want us to win every game but ....if we lose (as most teams do to city) then I won't be shedding tears for those gooner cunts.
I always want us to win but we are talking about a very specific scenario here for fuck sake, you're valuing a potential (and still highly unlikely) CL spot over handing those absolute cunts the title on a plate.

I don't know how anybody who loves this football club, knows the history of it and knows what these absolute fucking bellends are like can say they care more about 4th place than they do about the scum winning the league.

It's literally this.

"Look at me, I'm proper spurs. I never want us to lose ever. I'm so principled!"

Don't cry if we win and Woolwich win the title then. You might as well go and attend their parade as well.
I've never wanted us to lose. We had loads of 'fans' on this forum wanting us to lose when Mourinho and Conte were in charge, so they'd be sacked, I really didn't understand that mentality.

We even have 'fans" hoping we lose so they can have a dig at Levy. Look at the Enic thread after a loss, people happy as fuck we lost a game. Very weird.

I want us to win every single game, I don't get why anyone would want us to ever lose. It's nuts to me.

I'll leave it there.

I've never wanted us to lose. We had loads of 'fans' on this forum wanting us to lose when Mourinho and Conte were in charge, so they'd be sacked, I really didn't understand that mentality.

We even have 'fans" hoping we lose so they can have a dig at Levy. Look at the Enic thread after a loss, people happy as fuck we lost a game. Very weird.

I want us to win every single game, I don't get why anyone would want us to ever lose. It's nuts to me.

I'll leave it there.
Well said.

The L you're so desperately trying to avoid, the absolue head loss at the weekend and you trying to save face ever since.

Allow it fam.
Nope, didn't lose my head. Apologised to a poster I went to hard on, which was accepted.

My stance is exactly the same, not trying to save face at all.

Lol I don't want anything of the sort and you know it! But no, I wont complain if we beat City - you will, because of your mindset. I'll rise above the implications, but you'll allow yourself to be beaten down by it.

You've got to get yourself out of this 'handing them the title' mentality. The only thing they'll ever be handed by a proper Spurs fan is the scrapings out of his arse - if they're lucky. Don't be dominated by these shitty little interlopers. They ain't worf it. They'll always be scum.

Top 4 means significantly more money. It's worth having.
Cool, I'd rather they didn't win the title than us get more money that won't impact us fans since we have money to spend anyway and are already in a good financial situation.

Like I said, don't complain if they win the title due to us winning then.

Some of our so-called fans seem to think that top 4 is a trophy. Getting top 4 would in absolutely no way at all make up for the scum winning the league and having yet something else to rub in our faces for years to come.

5th + City league title is so much more preferable to 4th + Scum league title - as far as I and all real spurs fans are concerned, it's not even a debate.
That isn't the choice though.

The choice is between:

- professionals doing what they have spent their whole lives doing - trying to win football matches vs throwing a match with no idea of what the impact of that might be in the media, on the club, on the players. At best, it's not a great thing for a club that wants to be winners to get involved in. It's asking pros to put aside everything they have worked for and learned and act spitefully.

- a very slim chance of 4th and a good chance of 5th, but as yet by no means certain vs making it harder for ourselves. We are playing poorly, and Sheff United away is far from certain.

Were it the last game with nothing to play for, I'd say send out lots of youth and ask them to play to win.

Not only are people ok with us winning even if it means the scum get the title. But the reason is because we might get the Arsene Wenger 4th place trophy if we do.

How about this (in addition to everything else)...

If we don't get Champions League football we've got to look forward to an entire season of being mocked for it by those cunts up the road.

People need to think of the narrative if we they don't win the league, they would have been stopped by two things they utterley despise

Us and Unai Emery 😆

They're gonna absolutely hate that.

Back
Top Bottom