Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This place has turned absolutely nutty when it comes to referees and officials. People are convinced of an agenda and will look to reinforce that belief whenever they can do so.
Ref was pretty good yesterday. With Cameras and technology, that’s how it should always be. When the officials are awful, one sided and error prone, they deserve criticism and invite questions on their motives and integrity.

But he is constantly losing the ball so his hold up play is poor just now. His passing is slack as fuck. I’m a big deki fan but lately he’s been abysmal. I like Brennan coming on as he has an impact because when he starts he doesn’t do as well.
And yet he could, and should, have had 2 assists.

But you're right on his overall game, he's been well below his best for a while now, barring the odd game.

BJ looks as though he's run into some good form of late, so maybe he'll get a run of starts going forward.

Notgoing to lie, with all the time wasting, this win has been one of the most satistifying for a long time.

The time wasting was ridiculous. The ref warned their kepper at least twice but still continued to waste time and never booked. Their players kept feigning injury - at one point two at a time - and didn't even go off. They also had subs that didn't leave by the closest area of the pitch as they are required to. I don't really know how how the ref could be so naive that he could be manipulated so easily. They are so fucking simple.
I’m with you on this. They were a fucking disgrace but so was Palace,Brentford and Sheff Utd earlier in the season. You’d think these teams would learn and realise that we are going to beat them anyway. They’d be better trying to actually go and score again as teams are capable but they want to sit in and time waste all game. These teams are anti football and the game in general is poorer for it. Gone are the days when teams both go after each other. Either one team is cagey or both teams are. I’ll take the way we play over every other team because we play risky football. It might take us till later in games to put teams to the sword but I’m all for it and it will get better as we get better players in at the top end of the pitch and find a ruthless streak.

This is all fascinating stuff.
But what it doesn't do is show how bored everyone in the stadium was in the first half.
I wasn’t bored because I know what’s coming. We grind teams down and find ways to win games. I thought we were comfortable but annoyed at the goal we conceded. At the end of the day it’s 3 pts and whether you score early and win 6-0 or do it the way we do it regularly it’s still the same.
For anybody to expect us to doing better than we are are delusional. It will get better but have some patience.

Ref was pretty good yesterday. With Cameras and technology, that’s how it should always be. When the officials are awful, one sided and error prone, they deserve criticism and invite questions on their motives and integrity.

He booked their players early on when they fouled us. We havent had that at all this season and I think it helped a little. We could have won many games a lot easier this season had the refs officiated properly.

D'ya want Conte back then?
Luton are fighting for their lives, we knew it would be tough, we knew it wasn't going to be a walk over.
This is a first season with no real preseason and a shit load of injuries.. and we are currently 4th, I would have snapped your hand off for this season.
Its going to be a roller coaster, just hang on and enjoy the ride, even if you shit yourself on the bends and dips
Thought we had a good preseason? Also with the amount of gaps we’ve had this season been plenty of time to work on tactics and mentality. Pre season you may get 4 weeks at most of which a lot is fitness based. Hate that argument that a pre season fixes everything. We had 2 weeks to prepare the tactics, approach , mentality, everything and basically the first was the same lame shit we see in every game. You’d think after the Fulham game they’d come out firing.

I've been led to believe he has what it takes as I see discussions on it every week...or at least he will perform better there. Many have suggested his stats are better centrally...I'd say they'd be hard-pressed not to be considering how ineffectual he's been on the wing. But for better or worse he's ours for the next 4 seasons or so so we gotta find a place for him.
Yeah the bench. Personally I’d sell and use the money plus more to get the real quality we need. We ain’t got room for him if we buy another winger. As for playing deeper in a MADDs role there probably are better more suited players out there than him.

The thing is, without goal line technology doubt it would have been given. The tubby linesman was well behind play.
I had an internal wonder about that. I’m leaning towards not given also. But at home in front of the south stand. It did “look” in. It could have been given but unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom