Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This will upset some, but I don't think the over 65s should get a concession. On average, the retired actually have more disposable income than the pre-retired population. Those who favour senior concessions favour the working age population (and kids, or rather families) subsidizing them.

I do think the club should have a better offer for young fans.
Should be concessions for 18-23, slight rise 24-30 too I think.

Fuck the local community and fuck you.

This Is a forum you fucking idiot. Is that going to be your response to anybody that makes an observation ?

Twat

If they are bored with the Angeball and not finding satisfaction in watching the magnificent Tottenham Hotspur then yes. There are plenty things to do if you’re bored watching football.

It should be enjoyable not a chore to be ticked off at the weekend.

But I can feel your internal struggles with lucifer. So I will pray for you this holy week my son.

Peace be with you. I hope you can find the righteousness in your soul.

This will upset some, but I don't think the over 65s should get a concession. On average, the retired actually have more disposable income than the pre-retired population. Those who favour senior concessions favour the working age population (and kids, or rather families) subsidizing them.

I do think the club should have a better offer for young fans.
I agree but for different reasons. I am over 65 and get free bus pass which is right because many pensioners not mobile and provided by the Government. I also get cheaper haircuts but then with less hair and I go at non busy times helps the barber. However the club is a commercial organisation and if that seat would be otherwise empty ok but the ground sells out every match and it is losing the club money. Go and ask Tesco’s for a reduction for pensioners.

If they are bored with the Angeball and not finding satisfaction in watching the magnificent Tottenham Hotspur then yes. There are plenty things to do if you’re bored watching football.

It should be enjoyable not a chore to be ticked off at the weekend.

But I can feel your internal struggles with lucifer. So I will pray for you this holy week my son.

Peace be with you. I hope you can find the righteousness in your soul.
What the fuck are you banging on about ?

You need a good cock up your arse.

What the fuck are you banging on about ?

You need a good cock up your arse.

Zn9.gif

The football in thr first quarter of the session was far better and that's not just because the results went our way.
It was quicker and there was far more pass and move. We zipped the ball around with a far more confident way.

Its slow and predictable now
Go back and re-watch us pass side to side, especially against Sheffield United and 9 man Liverpool.

No he hasn't. Its a football forum where the people comment, analyse, and give their opinion on the team and club.

If you used that statement to anybody that gives their opinion then there wouldn't be a forum would there ?

Or do you want a forum where you are only allowed posts that praise the team and club ?

"This Big Mac makes me sick and I've gone off it but I'm gonna eat it anyway"

Sums up the modern day self entitled clueless buffoon who chooses to consume something but then complains about it after :confused:

Have you ever done it on a match day during peak Saturday afternoon/evening traffic?

I struggle to imagine it being a smooth, cheap option.
I have had a Taxi after a match but not for some time. Don't you pre-pay Uber? fee agreed before you get in car. As soon as you clear the immediate area, the roads would be ok heading into the city. Would be interesting to find out if a Uber in busy traffic would be quicker than a walk to SS's and then tube to covent garden. My money would be on the Uber.

"This Big Mac makes me sick and I've gone off it but I'm gonna eat it anyway"

Sums up the modern day self entitled clueless buffoon who chooses to consume something but then complains about it after :confused:
So if I buy a takeaway on Deliveroo from a highly rated restaurant and it arrives cold and with half the order missing according to your "logic" I am not entitled to complain because I chose to consume it?

What are you even talking about man? lol

I agree but for different reasons. I am over 65 and get free bus pass which is right because many pensioners not mobile and provided by the Government. I also get cheaper haircuts but then with less hair and I go at non busy times helps the barber. However the club is a commercial organisation and if that seat would be otherwise empty ok but the ground sells out every match and it is losing the club money. Go and ask Tesco’s for a reduction for pensioners.
Hi
I get your point. I actually disagree with it somewhat. To explain ... a kid needs a seat at a cinema, on a train, in a plane, at a football ground or wherever. Should they be charged the same as adults? I say no. Irrespective of how commercial the organisation is. With a football club, given its community and social value, and the fact it is in truth substantially insulated from normal commercial rules (due to fan loyalty), there is IMO an even stronger argument for discounts for those less able to pay. Obviously children are in that category. The problem comes beyond that, should there be discounts for the unemployed for example? The retired, as I've posted earlier, in fact have more disposable income than the working age population, there is therefore no argument whatever for their having a discount.

Me neither - hate them.

Fuck off Oklahoma and anything by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
I thought LW's sunset blvd was enjoyable enough. The rest are sugary crap for the great unwashed..however, he's laughing all the way to the bank....

I have had a Taxi after a match but not for some time. Don't you pre-pay Uber? fee agreed before you get in car. As soon as you clear the immediate area, the roads would be ok heading into the city. Would be interesting to find out if a Uber in busy traffic would be quicker than a walk to SS's and then tube to covent garden. My money would be on the Uber.

I can't imagine driving into the west end at 5.30-7,00 pm is a smooth run, traffic-wise.... Far from it.

I'd assume that the driver will either set his fee according to time of day/projected journey time none the less..... Or just take one look at a traffic report and think "fuck that... there's no money in that trip".

Back
Top Bottom