Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah this and also I think it’s about demanding more from the players and the manager and the owners. Why should we settle for not wanting more and not expecting more from them all. Seems a weird mindset not to want to. I don’t get it.

"Demanding more" what does that even mean?

Everyone should expect some sort of inconsistency with a new manager and players unless you think football works like FIFA or something and think there should be perfection every match. The best managers to manage in this league struggled with consistency in their maiden season what makes you think Tottenham are exclusive to that?

"Demanding more" what does that even mean?

Everyone should expect some sort of inconsistency with a new manager and players unless you think football works like FIFA or something and think there should be perfection every match. The best managers to manage in this league struggled with consistency in their maiden season what makes you think Tottenham are exclusive to that?

Think about it. It is self explanatory.

Rob Edwards quote on Luton's (many) injuries​

" "It got so bad earlier in the week that Kevin Foley [Luton coach] had to play for the opposition in training, then he tweaked his hamstring as well. So I'm losing coaching staff as well as players now!"

Prediction: Spurs 0, Luton 3 (Kevin Foley 3)
giphy.gif

He also said to expect ups and downs this season as we had lots of work to do and even if we did go on a good run (which we did) we're not the finished article.

I never said we shouldn’t expect ups and downs. Even Pep and Klopp couldn’t challenge in their debut seasons.

But the ethos of the club should be to be the best. Not the 4th best. Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger didn’t rock up at their clubs and say “I’m going to make this club the 4th best in England!“. They wanted to be the best. Ange wants this club to be the best, that clear from his words and how he ridicules the idea that finishing 4th place as a target.

Yeah this and also I think it’s about demanding more from the players and the manager and the owners. Why should we settle for not wanting more and not expecting more from them all. Seems a weird mindset not to want to. I don’t get it.

It is entirely possible to 'look upwards' whilst maintaining perspective and context of what this season was clearly about from the off-set. The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

The fact is; accepting the this season is fundamentally about building is COMPLETELY on-brand with everything that Ange has said all season. Acknowledging that isn't someone not wanting to see the club achieve a steep upward trajectory.

I never said we shouldn’t expect ups and downs. Even Pep and Klopp couldn’t challenge in their debut seasons.

But the ethos of the club should be to be the best. Not the 4th best. Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger didn’t rock up at their clubs and say “I’m going to make this club the 4th best in England!“. They wanted to be the best. Ange wants this club to be the best, that clear from his words and how he ridicules the idea that finishing 4th place as a target.

This is all a bit strawmanny (much like it was disingenuous to this topic to omit the part of Ange's mantra that I had to remind you of)..... Show me where anyone said that they don't want Spurs to be the best?

Last edited:
"impact when coming on as a sub"

Why do we need an "impact sub" to get us out of the shite against Luton?

We should be playing our best eleven from the start of the game, not holding one back until we fall goal behind, let's play the best so we can get a goal ahead?

"Impact sub" is a load of bollocks, a futile argument based on hindsight and nothing else.

There's been lots of obvious examples of impact subs in football since I can remember.

No idea what you've been smoking.

I think my favourite genre of post on here is the ones where the poster proudly proclaims they haven't watched any recent matches, definitely didn't watch today's either then proceeds to whine how shite we played.

I mean, why bother?

On the point of ups and downs during Ange's debut season. What would people rate as (an) improvement(s) at this part of the season? Be it personnel, tactics, subs, whatever

Back
Top Bottom