Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ain't arsed enough to read through the thread, but didn't think we was that bad. Bar sloppy individual mistakes I thought we were ok. would have been a decent game if we had someone on the pitch who could finish a chance. striker tomorrow is key for me. Got no-one up top who can beat a defender, Kane slow as fuck, Ade slow as fuck, I don't even know about Soldado anymore he's a myth.

hopefully we'll never see Rose in a Spurs shirt again, 1 good game against QPR and he's suddenly turned a corner. bollocks, he's shite.

Anyway roll on December...
I'd say Kane is probably our only striker capable of beating a man. I'd also disagree on Rose, what exactly did he do wrong today? Other than that I agree.

Patience is key, what did you expect? Did you really think we'd go out and hammer them? When Rodgers first took over he didn't do well either. Liverpool fans were screaming for him to be sacked, but now they love the man, thinking he's the second coming of Paisley/Shankly. What would happen if we actually gave Poch time? Stop this nonsense, get behind your team and your manager, one bad game and you're losing faith? COYS

ain't arsed enough to read through the thread, but didn't think we was that bad. Bar sloppy individual mistakes I thought we were ok. would have been a decent game if we had someone on the pitch who could finish a chance. striker tomorrow is key for me. Got no-one up top who can beat a defender, Kane slow as fuck, Ade slow as fuck, I don't even know about Soldado anymore he's a myth.

hopefully we'll never see Rose in a Spurs shirt again, 1 good game against QPR and he's suddenly turned a corner. bollocks, he's shite.

Sounds almost like my summary, as can't be arsed going through the thread. I've just about sobered up but don't think we were that bad that we deserved a 3 nil loss.

Still feckin ragin about their penalty. Diving wee shite!!!

If Chadli had put away that chance and that pen was never given, it could have been a different game.

Really disappointed in our 3 behind Ade though. At least we're above the @rsenal.

I would have written much the same, as to regards haven't read a lot of this thread since about page 12; the way we played and the striker situation. I thought 3-0 flattered them a bit, but we just couldn't score. We need a selfish striker! Ade did a lot of running around but he never seems to be in the middle when we do a get a ball over - suppose he's out of position 'coz that's the only way he gets the ball! I thought the two Eric/ks were OK but there didn't seem to be a lot to write home about, so will try and banish this to the recesses of my mind and never think about it again!

Lamela what happened to him today he did not look like the person against QPR last week and Why did Sandro or Dembele not start in Midfield and Townsend what a fuck up he is , Gives the ball away and when he runs forward he lacks idea's and ends up losing possession or wasting the cross and i dont get so angry when spurs lose but when we just pass the ball around and show no urgency it gets me so angry looks like there was no fighting to win the game and just kept stroking the ball around Disgusting! I think that Lamela and Erikson and some others are just luxerys and dont get fully stuck in against the bigger teams! need to do something quick as Liverpool are not the best team in the EPL so god help us against Chelsea and Manchester City (When they are on form) COYS!

I'd say Kane is probably our only striker capable of beating a man. I'd also disagree on Rose, what exactly did he do wrong today? Other than that I agree.
Kane capable of beating a man hahaha?! I do like the bloke but he turns like an oil tanker. The only pace we have up top is Soldado but he couldn't finish his dinner so he's pointless atm.

Rose is just bang average, got beat down the left for their 1st I think, sloppy passes. average player who'd be suited to a shite PL club. Davies looked good Thursday, so much more composed on the ball and picks a decent pass, not just the 1st option he comes across like Rose.

I would have written much the same, as to regards haven't read a lot of this thread since about page 12; the way we played and the striker situation. I thought 3-0 flattered them a bit, but we just couldn't score. We need a selfish striker! Ade did a lot of running around but he never seems to be in the middle when we do a get a ball over - suppose he's out of position 'coz that's the only way he gets the ball! I thought the two Eric/ks were OK but there didn't seem to be a lot to write home about, so will try and banish this to the recesses of my mind and never think about it again!
yeah Ade looked good when he was running out wide to get the ball and deliver it to be fair. shame we needed him in the box at the same time to get on the end of it as no-one else bothered!

Just got back from the match. Haven't read back through this thread so sorry if I am repeating whats said already, but just wanted to say that although we seemed outclassed today, the scoreline doesn't reflect the balance of play, we lost 3 goals to 3 momentary lapses against a very good team. IMO Spurs team played well, kept lots of possession and recycled well and got chances that another day would have gone in.

Soft pen for them, and similar shout for us not given.

Lovren had a good game, wish he had come to us instead. All in all Liverpool looked more balanced and composed in all areas of the field. Guess its what comes with CL football. I didn't think our players were lazy at all although once or twice Ade just gave up chasing when losing possession.

One of those days. Felt substantively different to last season although still annoyed to lose it. I was convinced we would turn them over before the game.
I agree totally with you....last year I had a sense of forboding when an early goal went in but not today...performance was far from perfect but I think they kept their heads a bit more and I think/hope we will continue to learn and improve with poch.

Sometimes you learn more from a loss, so as long as Poch and the players take on the lesson, then this won't be such a disaster. Not sure if its a bad or good thing we haven't got a game next week - as long as we use the time constructively to reinforce Poch's ideas, then maybe the latter. Let's hope it leads to winning ways against Sunderland!

Pissed off. Thought we had more "belief" with Poch taking us.
We will outplay lower table teams. We had control of ball/play for periods of game but got killed again when:
1. Do not convert those one off red hot chances. (Adebayor/Chadli).
2. Have those moments when we brain explosion (not defending well on 1st goal and putting out a silly hand on Allen).
3. When we don't "really" believe.
Poch has areas to work on, 35 games of it.

Exactly Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ...I think we could benefit from not having a game. Get stuck in on the training ground and work on the fintess aspect the formation and on integrating the newbies.... could work to our advantage.

The worrying thing for me, is that a Poch team (Southampton) managed to beat Liverpool AT ANFIELD last season... so you have to assume HE clearly knows how to beat them... shame our players don't!

Then again, OUR players beat a Poch team (Southampton again) TWICE last season... so where does THAT leaves my pea-brained, hole-ridden theory?
...in fucking tatters... that's where!

Rock, paper, scissors prem style.

Exactly Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ...I think we could benefit from not having a game. Get stuck in on the training ground and work on the fintess aspect the formation and on integrating the newbies.... could work to our advantage.
Was worried about having two weeks off with no distractions, but this point of view is reassuring. Assuming we get 1 or 2 additions tomorrow in addition to the Faz and Stam, I'm looking forward to Poch really molding the team into what he wants over this time without distractions. Granted some players won't be around due to national duties

Brad said on MOTD they know they have to correct the mistakes on the training pitch. If the players don't follow Poch's Instructions they will be shipped out, critised Kaboul, Verts, Capoue and Dembele for third goal. mostly Kaboul for not getting in front of Moreno.

What's the alternative? Do fans want us to park the bus and play for a tie? If you want attractive football, we might have to suffer thru a few clinkers until Poch can get the club playing his style.

A bad day, but not unexpected. 0-2 would have been about right. Phil Dowd was poor with his penalty decisions - Allen had time to remember to fall over after Dier grabbed and let go of him. And Ade was so obviously dragged down....But Rose was insignificant as was our ability to hit the target. Both Lamella and Erikson forgot how to play football and for 20 minutes Townsend must have wished he'd never been picked. Tell you what - Southampton want Townsend and we want Schneiderlin ..... And we still need a striker!

I don't know, I see a lot of people playing down this loss like it's not a big deal and they might be right. But there is a sense of deja vu about all this to me. Start of last season we were full of optimism, we had won 4 out of 4 with a 10-0 aggregate score if I'm not mistaken; then on the Sunday before deadline day we lost to Woolwich, 1-0 but they had chances to make it 2 or 3 easily. We had most of the possession that day at the Emirates, so we thought it wasn't so bad of a performance on that alone, and excused the result down to all those new players needing time to gel.
Two manager sackings and a bunch of non-stellar signings later, here we are again. I just can't find the silver lining like a lot of others seem to be.

Back
Top Bottom