Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flum are on a high after two straight victories but we should stomp all over these.
3-1 to the Football Connoisseurs.
tumblr_m9lwxxgQfU1rcciplo1_500.gif

Just back from the game, good result despite not the best performance. Won myself £40 on two £2 bets, Paulinho first goal scorer and final score 3-1... if I had put it on a double it would've been £200...

Have to say though I was sat in East stand block 27 and the atmosphere was atrocious, really piss poor.

Missed the first 20 minutes of this whilst driving / walking round Dusseldorf with Don Don , but managed to find an Irish pub showing the game.

Eriksen's deliveries :adewtf: Just unbelievable both times. You couldn't place it better if you had all year. Also great to see Kane scoring yet again!

I quite enjoyed the game, at least there were goals, a penalty save and one absolute superb save from Hugo that had me on my feet. I don't think the early kick off helps the atmosphere though, doesn't allow you chaps to get lubricated beforehand. I got talking to an old boy on the train to the ground, who thought he was going to be late, as he thought it was a 3pm kick off. It was his 90th birthday today, and he went to his first game in 1938 - for once I felt the youngster. He did make me smile though, as he told me his girlfriend was 95, so he was a toyboy!

Just back from the game, good result despite not the best performance. Won myself £40 on two £2 bets, Paulinho first goal scorer and final score 3-1... if I had put it on a double it would've been £200...

Have to say though I was sat in East stand block 27 and the atmosphere was atrocious, really piss poor.
That's where my season ticket is (hence the username ;) ) and about 70% of regulars had put their tickets on stubhub for this one. So many bloody tourists around me who didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and just there for something to tick off on their trip to London and get a few photos. Didnt feel like the white hart lane I know and love :(

That's where my season ticket is (hence the username ;) ) and about 70% of regulars had put their tickets on stubhub for this one. So many bloody tourists around me who didn't seem to have a clue what was going on and just there for something to tick off on their trip to London and get a few photos. Didnt feel like the white hart lane I know and love :(

Don't get me wrong it was a great view and everything but that atmosphere was nothing short of turgid. I was gazing enviously over to the south stand where they actually had songs, not once did I hear a song where I was sat. Hugo chants just about made it round after the penalty save. I'm from the north west myself so I can't talk about tourists (although I did come down especially for the match as I have done numerous times this season) but nobody seemed arsed. I suppose it's hard to motivate yourself to support when the seasons over...

Roll on next year.

Don't get me wrong it was a great view and everything but that atmosphere was nothing short of turgid. I was gazing enviously over to the south stand where they actually had songs, not once did I hear a song where I was sat. Hugo chants just about made it round after the penalty save. I'm from the north west myself so I can't talk about tourists (although I did come down especially for the match as I have done numerous times this season) but nobody seemed arsed. I suppose it's hard to motivate yourself to support when the seasons over...

Roll on next year.

The south stand was fun! Bloody stewards telling us to sit down all game though :dawsonmean:

Roll on next year.
Can I ask how someone from the north west came to support Spurs? No criticism just always interested in that stuff..

I quite enjoyed the game, at least there were goals, a penalty save and one absolute superb save from Hugo that had me on my feet. I don't think the early kick off helps the atmosphere though, doesn't allow you chaps to get lubricated beforehand. I got talking to an old boy on the train to the ground, who thought he was going to be late, as he thought it was a 3pm kick off. It was his 90th birthday today, and he went to his first game in 1938 - for once I felt the youngster. He did make me smile though, as he told me his girlfriend was 95, so he was a toyboy!
Maybe he was looking for a bit on the side?

Can I ask how someone from the north west came to support Spurs? No criticism just always interested in that stuff..

No no it's fine I get it all the time. My whole family are Liverpool or Everton fans with the exception of my uncle and and aunty who live down in London, I never watched a lot of football but when I did it would always be spurs with my uncle and I naturally routed for them because my my uncle was a supporter. It went on from there really and I became more and more of a football fan watching spurs week in week out, so that's it really!

I'm not scouse myself but I obviously have a northern accent of some sort and whenever I talk to anyone at the lane or at an away game they are taken aback but I'm used to it by now!

No no it's fine I get it all the time. My whole family are Liverpool or Everton fans with the exception of my uncle and and aunty who live down in London, I never watched a lot of football but when I did it would always be spurs with my uncle and I naturally routed for them because my my uncle was a supporter. It went on from there really and I became more and more of a football fan watching spurs week in week out, so that's it really!

I'm not scouse myself but I obviously have a northern accent of some sort and whenever I talk to anyone at the lane or at an away game they are taken aback but I'm used to it by now!
I live in the Midlands now but was a season ticket holder before I moved. I remember another regular who came from Derby every home game. Always interested in how it starts. Especially impressive given your location to be honest!

I live in the Midlands now but was a season ticket holder before I moved. I remember another regular who came from Derby every home game. Always interested in how it starts. Especially impressive given your location to be honest!

Can't quite make every home game but I do my best with my little bronze One Hotspur card! Will be living in Spain/Italy next year so unless we get a Spanish or Italian team in the Europa league (if we are even in it!) then I won't get to a match next year, gutted!

Can't quite make every home game but I do my best with my little bronze One Hotspur card! Will be living in Spain/Italy next year so unless we get a Spanish or Italian team in the Europa league (if we are even in it!) then I won't get to a match next year, gutted!
Well you should at least get plenty of PL coverage on TV. Best of luck!

Just got back from the game after some delays via Shenfield.

Atmos was indeed a bit odd as some have said but not poor. I was in 33 next to two nice Italians who followed Roma and Spurs and were wondering if Lamela was on the bench. My answer of "Im afraid hes dead" was greeted with a certain amount of confusion, then having to explain via pointing at my own back that actually no he wasnt, but allegedly has a back issue. "Allegedly" is a very hard word to translate into Italian, ive found.

Anyway, that was an OK performance. Paulinho had his best game for us for me, chased everything. Chadli looked out of place again at CM. Eriksen is class. Lloris i love big time, almost irreplaceable as far as a realistic replacement goes. Rose (who i have slagged off a few times) had a decent game, notably covering for Fryers a couple of times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom