Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is said not due to his goal but his general performance and a lack thereof from our defensive midfielders this season; Stambouli should start alongside Mason.

Kane and Soldado up top, and for once, just for once, can we start like shit off a shovel, and give Everton all sorts of bother early doors.

3-1 for Spurs (Ade,Soldado and Chiriches our scorers ,and Chiriches an own goal for them)

Not sure if a joke or actually serious.

Adebayor has fallen out with the squad. Doubt he'll play. Soldado can't score, he's cursed by Juju, Chiriches will be Rb if at all.

Will be a massive 3 points if we can get them. We'll move above Swansea, Newcastle and Liverpool and keep in touch with too 4.

Or we end up 4 points below west ham still, drop below Everton and have Chelsea away (aka nil points) in midweek

This is said not due to his goal but his general performance and a lack thereof from our defensive midfielders this season; Stambouli should start alongside Mason.

Kane and Soldado up top, and for once, just for once, can we start like shit off a shovel, and give Everton all sorts of bother early doors.
Not sure why you have a disagree? Any hoo I'm kind of with you to be honest. Stamboulii needs a start. He looked woefully slow Thursday but surely needs some time on the pitch to get match sharp?

Love the width and most of this line up. But definitely need a natural CDM to protect the Back4 and that MF would get over-run. Sacrifice Mason for some muscle .
Actually I think Mason has more muscle than Capoue, makes just as many tackles as Dembele and does a lot more with the ball than the both of them.
I think this is where we get caught up, the defensive mid thing. They also need to be able to get up and down, recycle the ball quickly, play a bit and be a goal threat.
We have not got any of them.
This year:
Southampton: Schniederlin/Wanyama ( 6 goals and 1 assist between them). Man City: Toure/Fernando ( 2 assists and 2 goals between them).
The Chavs DM's have 3 goals and 1 assist ( the 3 goals coming from Matic and 1 assist from Mikel- in his 6 games).
Ours: Capoue has no goals and no assists, so does Paulinho, so does Stambouli and so does Dembele.
The ones we have are not quite adequate.
Mason has at least one assist in his 7 league games and has had 12 shots ( 2 less than Moussa had all last season). If he keeps that assist/shot rate sup he will eclipse Dembele's 4 assists and 40 shots in 58 league games. I mean Moussa has only scored 2 league goals since he's been here.
Really there's not much creativity or threat coming from our 2 in front of the back 4. Mason has changed that slightly imo.

Stambouli is the closest thing we have to a playing, mobile defensive midfielder with some threat. I say give him a chance in the league playing him and Mason together.They would certainly not be a pushover, are both mobile and can pass.

Just my 2 cents

Had a look at the different line-ups but have to Say we still look a bit mish-mash and out of sorts .I don't care who plays but just want us to get on a little run and bag some points obviously.3 points tomorrow and I know asking alot but a draw with Chelsea will be massive.The signs are encouraging and some positives recently just hope we can put a nice run as by Xmas if we are in the mix then happy days.COYS

I feel other clubs (usaul top 4/5) are just getting it right around now. A few more wins from them and its all change places at the top. We are still up there considering we are playing awful at the moment. Good win against Everton could really give us that push forward. I really feel we are not far off getting it right.

This is the team I would be happy to see picked
[formation=4231, Hugo, Vlad, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

This line up would be interesting:

[formation=41212, Hugo, Vlad, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Benji, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane, Soldado][/formation]

If only we could play 3 at the back:
[formation=352, Hugo, Vlad, Fazio, Vertonghen, Lennon, Mason, Benji, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Soldado][/formation]

Last edited:
This is the team I would be happy to see picked
[formation=4231, Hugo, Vlad, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

This line up would be interesting:

[formation=41212, Hugo, Vlad, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Benji, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Soldado][/formation]
As jimmyriggle jimmyriggle said earlier, I don't think Kane as a lone striker is his position.

I agree, but if we're playing with one striker he's still our best option.
That's a good point, but a little self defeating from our point of view. If Harry plays (and I hope he does) we shouldn't be playing 4-2-3-1 IMO. I don't think that that is our best formation with our players. I think Poch will start Kane and Soldado. Just my 2 pennorth.

That's a good point, but a little self defeating from our point of view. If Harry plays (and I hope he does) we shouldn't be playing 4-2-3-1 IMO. I don't think that that is our best formation with our players. I think Poch will start Kane and Soldado. Just my 2 pennorth.
In a normal world, where Soldado scores 25 goals a season, that would be a fantastic partnership. Snap out of it Roberto :pochohshit:

Back
Top Bottom