Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Zero. If there's one thing no-one can take from Poch it's that he isn't afraid to play anyone who's in form. He doesn't even seem to care about the opposition, just how well his own players are playing which is one of the reasons I love him.
Really hope you're right - I'd completely agree if the match was next weekend, but I'm trying to second guess if he's rotating the squad strategically so there'll be fresh legs in three days' time....

Somewhere in scouseland, an Everton fan is saying "Haven't scored for for 593 minutes (all competitions)? Play us, we'll oblige, we're #evertony."

Really hope you're right - I'd completely agree if the match was next weekend, but I'm trying to second guess if he's rotating the squad strategically so there'll be fresh legs in three days' time....
Not a chance bro I assure you.

Like I've said before, this a guy (Poch) who played Mason in central midfield away from home against our biggest rivals in the premier league based predominantly on a sub appearance against Notts in the league cup solely because he showed desire to make things happen, and he has played ever since in the big games when he is fit.
Mason is nailed on part of our prem starters core, Bentaleb I'm not as sure about, but I'd say he's more likely than not to have earned a place too after today.

Just finished reading the match thread. I've been dishing out agrees, likes and funnies like they were free or something. Just amazing that Spurs can make you feel this good. :pochlol:

Fantastic performance and a great result. I really hope Poch stays with this team now. No more tinkering, just light rotation to keep things fresh. If we keep up this level of intensity for the remaining games I'm pretty sure we'll avoid the drop :troll:

B3tb2QfIYAIpPmZ.jpg

SOOOO pleased for Soldado... but a word on the guy in the crowd; who the fuck wears RED to a Spurs game?? (and I don't buy that it' possibly "burnt orange" it's faaakin' RED!)

Poch's player selection to me really shows what players are buying in, and which players keep reverting back to their old habits. Best Poch-like performance this season.

Zero. If there's one thing no-one can take from Poch it's that he isn't afraid to play anyone who's in form. He doesn't even seem to care about the opposition, just how well his own players are playing which is one of the reasons I love him.

...and he's also prepared to play people out of form, until they find some form!
:soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadolol:

I agree, though having said that, what are the odds that Dembele and Stambouli start against Chelsea in midfield to try and weather the storm?
:dembele:

Have to admit myself my Original team selection had capoue rather than bentaleb as I woukd have preferred to have started mason and bentaleb against a shitter team as a partnership. So in that respect I have to say poch was bold today, kind of hope we keep a similar team against Chelsea, although would you play two forwards away?

...and he's also prepared to play people out of form, until they find some form!
:soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadowtf::soldadolol:
But I'd say Soldado was kind of in form, wasn't scoring but everything else was happening for him and he really helps Kane up front.

Absolutely delighted that Bobby got his goal, but my was Eriksen's finish classy and composed.
Not so apparently...
Everton defender Phil Jagielka, speaking to Sky Sports: "We played well for large spells but unfortunately gave the second goal away and after that we were chasing it. Christian Eriksen managed to mishit the shot and send three of our players the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom