Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - FA CUP 5th Round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't know why some are melting

We were the better team and unlucky

Rose is playing well but at fault with their goal

But had we taken our chances it wouldn't have mattered

Now let's move on ffs!

Palace fan in peace, My Mum is from Harringay and my old Nan lived on Lordship lane and many moons ago 14-16 yr old I stood on the shelf watching Spurs when Palace were playing away game up north back in the old 3rd division days.
until just after the Barry Daines testimonial when I felt like I was cheating my real love and home team Palace, so gave up on my two team allegiance.

Thought the writing was on the wall for this Fa cup game especially after you had a game Thursday, that was the telling factor imho as you looked knackered 2nd half,
Dreaded the game myself after all going into the game Spurs unbeaten for what it it 9 games? Palace mostly shlt for those last 9, thought we were unlucky at Selhurst v you when Alli scored that peach we gave you a good game at the lane earlier in the season.
Today we had our fair share of chances and played well, the ref was giving Spurs everthing 1st half.
Anyway fingers crossed you don't let the @rse win the title! you must do them next week is it? good luck
Am chuffed to bits to beat the Spurs today us long suffering Palace fans dont get much glory

Good luck for the rest of the season dont fall apart now ffs

Ps The Mullery thing goes way back to the 76 season when he was Brighton manager and then when he was our manager he was fooking shlt ;) not many have any time for him whatsoever.

Cool story bro.

Fuck off.

We haven't got a massive, experienced squad and even Man City and Woolwich didn't play full strength teams.
Bentaleb hasn't played consistently for ages, neither has Mason. Onomah is hardly a regular starter either and has no experience as such. Dier moved into defence with Wimmer for what, the 2nd time. Yet were we outplayed and murdered?
We have not been outplayed or played terribly in any of our loses.
It happens. It just wasn't our day.
The stats show quite conclusively that we were NOT outplayed at all. That, in fact, we mostly dominated the game. As you say, it was simply one of those days, and these things happen. It's also the FA Cup after all, where anything can happen and the big teams frequently do go out at all stages. Anyone who has followed the game for any length of time knows this and I'm incredulous at the idea that just because we're having a decent season that means we can stroll through any knockout competition. The game just doesn't work like that.

Pardew is looking for a spark to get his team going. He tried the rallying call when we played them in the PL and It almost paid off for him. He is just at it again. How sad to see he's unable to coach them out of trouble but needs luck to give hes team that confidence?

He tries the mindgames every single time. It's getting a bit sad now.

Before the game at the Lane it was 'I'm sure Spurs will finish in the top-10', before the game at their gaff it was 'If Wickham adds goals no one will be talking about Kane' and 'If we had Kane we would be a top-4 team'....

Desperate cunt.

Can't believe the fucking melts here sometimes. We lost a game, the first in like 8 consecutive games or something, with a strong team but not our strongest, against another prem league team. we're still second in the league just two points behind and in the Europa still, in a season where we expected to finish 5th if we were lucky. Would have been nice to win today but you cant win every single game, just not realistic.

no why dont you fuck off lil punk. you don't know what Im talking about. you probably don even know what your talking about lol
4c56057e030bbb4c25f568a4d91dbb510a674a9225204d43ec1cf24da5802a3a.jpg

Disappointing to go out.

But more disappointing by some distance was the amount of energy sections of the crowd were giving to booing Adebayor rather than supporting their team.
An absolute embarrassment.
A disgrace.
Supposedly grown men near me encouraging their children to be negative.

Adebayor is saying he will celebrate if he scores against us. This is bucking the recent trend of players "showing respect" to former clubs by not celebrating goals. How do people feel about this? Personally I think it adds to the atmosphere, I don't want to see him pretend to care about our club when his actions when he was here don't bear that out. It's refreshing that he wants to celebrate - let's not give him the opportunity to do so!
:adewtf:
He should celebrate, it's not like he is a legend or anything. My only concern is our fans, don't do what the scum did and make yourselves look like mugs.
But don't think he will score Palace can't score and we have the best defence.

He shouldn't be booed. He scored some big goals for us against the goons, Chelski, inter in the Europa, the 4-0 demolition of the bin dippers and our first win at old Trafford in a couple of decades. More importantly he ran the length of the pitch to stick it to woolwich fans. The whole length of the pitch. If he had never scored a single goal for spurs in his time with us, he would always be a legend in my mind just for that alone.

He shouldn't be booed. He scored some big goals for us against the goons, Chelski, inter in the Europa, the 4-0 demolition of the bin dippers and our first win at old Trafford in a couple of decades. More importantly he ran the length of the pitch to stick it to woolwich fans. The whole length of the pitch. If he had never scored a single goal for spurs in his time with us, he would always be a legend in my mind just for that alone.
Shouldn't be booed ... good luck with that. He was being booed before he even left.

Back
Top Bottom