Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea <removed>s

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Dembele is to start, he needs to be higher up the pitch. The last game against Chelsea he got caught a few times in deep positions. They seem to have studied his game and countered him well. Put him higher up and losing possession will be less costly.
I feel Dembele is the key in this game. Get him to occupy opponents with his holding play at high positions will allow Kane to roam more freely. We often square to the edge for midfielders to strike. I would like Kane to position deeper and be the one at edge more often to meet those balls. Move Eriksen deeper to recycle possessions (instead of Dembele). I would play 3-5-2 and that suits Wanyama better. In a flat 4 when Verts and Alder opens up when Walker and Rose attack, Wanyama can be a liability in between the two centre backs. Chelsea's second goal (at Bridge earlier) is an example.Playing 3 at the back with Verts in the centre as last man will lessen the damage when Wanyama loses possession in deep positions.
We play in similar formation as Chelsea, but the difference is they move the ball up quicker. They are an effective counter-attack team. We need Dembele to occupy their centre backs, which will then pull their wing backs deeper.As long as we pin their wing backs back, we have a good chance....

Fucking hate Chelsea....I hate Willian the little prick, Danny will have him in his pocket tonight, and then hopefully knock his head off in injury time. Davies needs a few games anyway.

Hope Dembele knocks Costas head off too, so Winks can get a few games under his belt.
Really Hope Wanyama fucking knocks Hazards teeth out......give Sissoko a run out in January

Hope Lloris comes flying out and breaks Ivanovichs legs from a corner.......Vorm needs game time anyway

Really hope Kane punches Cahills little fucking head off, Vinny might get a run out anyway

Arrrrghhhhhh fucking hate these cunts

I think Dier on Fabregas is my favourite, or maybe the Lamela two footer ... can't decide.
:walker-scream:
1.13 Dier on Fabregas all day long for me. Literally cuts him in two. A thing of rare beauty which brightens up many a long dark evening for me. Mind you, watching that again reminds me what a great all round team effort it was ;)

Seriously, I think time still hasn't told yet if that evening's carnage was a good thing for us or not. On the positive side we sent a clear message not to take the piss out of this Spurs side. Negatively we squandered an opportunity for an important 3 points. We need to keep our discipline tonight and I think we will. Press them like we did first half at theirs the last two games only do it for 90 and we win. COYS!!!

Small minority...bollocks. I remember as a kid in the early 90's playing them at home when their entire (!) away contingency started making hissing sounds. My dad was too embarrassed to properly explain what it meant.
Let's not forget how they treated their black players in the 80's.

It may be so that a lot of their new supporters aren't associated with it but it's dead true that their hardcore oldschool lot are bunch of cunts
Not just the 80s, much later than that. True story.
When Desailly joined them I said to a Chelsea fan what a signing that is, expecting him to be happy.
His response: "not another fucking n****r" ...

I loved that Kane on Willian (CUNTTTT) and then Dembele just totally smashing the ball into his head such an amazing sight! , never seen Kane have that look when making a challenge!

Not just the 80s, much later than that. True story.
When Desailly joined them I said to a Chelsea fan what a signing that is, expecting him to be happy.
His response: "not another fucking n****r" ...
Too right not just the 80s I remember Paul Furlong winning a tackle on Clive Wilson and the blue scum started chanting our ni**er is better than your ni**er. Would have loved to see them go under when Bates was in charge

Would you take a draw now?

No chance, we never play for the draw, we don't need to because we are a good side. We just play the same every game. Different formation maybe, but the philosophy is always identical, which is to win the game.

Having said that, all the stats suggest that this is going to be a draw and if I was betting on the game that is where my money would go.

Just checked & it say's martin atkinson is tonight's ref. Really can't remember if he is good, ok or a bit dodgy?

It sounds like you guys are going for the all out attack approach. Would that not play into Chelsea's game plan to play on the break?

Not really, we do attack but it isn't suicidal, it is always a controlled attack, not like under Redknapp for instance where it was all or nothing. Note that we have one of the best defenses in the league since Poch took over, despite being an attacking side who score a lot of goals.

Chelsea will get opportunities on the counter, that's true, but we have a setup with quality fast CBs and wingbacks and the best sweeper keeper there is so it won't be as simple as it sounds. I very much expect both teams will score.

To be fair, FairBlue has a point, the majority of Chelsea fans live in China and have no idea who the players are. It's the minority of fans that are racist - 35,000 of them will just happen to be in Stamford Bridge tonight.

Back
Top Bottom