Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or Everton. Or Wolves, Chelsea, Villa and other games (incl wins) I can't recall on top of my head.

Youth/inexperience, lack of focus/composure, injuries aplenty, tactical instructions (eg don't get rid of the ball/don't go to the corner flag), mentality issues...whatever the reason/s, we have been way too generous this season. It's gotta stop, starting with Brighton's visit.

Gotta create more chances and take them. But can't always be a case of having to score 3 or 4 to win a game. We gotta keep it tight at the back, stop the silly gifts, and not always rely on Micky's crazy pace to bail us out. That's not a strategy, that's football's equivalent to Japanese dive bombers.
But it's exciting (and exhausting) to watch, at least there's no chance of falling asleep at matches these days. ;)
I'm very much of the opinion I'm not bothered if we let in three as long as we score four and that the best form of defence is attack.
Yes it's high risk and it can go wrong, but at least it's not boring.

Except for the obvious possibility that the reason he didn't play for Mali remains an issue...

Whatever kept him on the periphery didn't just clear up the moment Mali were knocked out.
True. I forgot about his malaria. He did come on as a sub for Mali, but may not be 100% energy/strength wise.

am I right in thinking in terms of absentees

Bissouma is back but might not be 100% (recovering from Maleria?!)

Lo Celso should be back?

Son still away (Asia cup final - same day as this game so unless they lose to Jordon on Wednesday, this will be his last missed game)

Sess - who fucking knows.

That’s it isn’t it? Everyone else is fit?
Edit Forgot Soloman.

Kulu pulled Welbeck's shirt right in front of the ref, that was just downright stupid of the Ginge. Blatant pen.

Yes, we should've had a pen for that Garner foul on Micky. But then again, you'd have to give 20 pens per game...incl some against us...cause that kinda holding shit happens on every single set piece. It just won't end cause PGMOL & co aren't interested, they just think it's always been part of the game so fuck it. But if they did give a shit, just put extra refs on whose sole job is to spot such infringements. VAR could help too, seen as they have zillion cameras. They start giving mad pens and yellows/reds for a few weeks, it'll quickly stop. Same with players who aren't captains surrounding the ref every time he blows the whistle.

Meanwhile, let's not give our opponents such xmas presies and when it happens to us, especially in their box, stop being all nice & sweet...make a big deal out of it. I don't want our boys to become cheating cunts or moaning shithouses, but at the same time we've tried the Mr Nice Guy act and see what that'd got us.
Yeah I think even though the refs are a bit adamant to give any decisions now as they would rather leave it to VAR, we really cant be being so naive right in front of the ref!
I'm not sure what the answer is with VAR but i think transparency on all decisions would be a good start , a bit like Rugby where all decisions are explained, also have a time limit as well , if you cant rule a goal out after 60 seconds just let it stand!

Thing is, if we finish 3rd we might still drop into the AFCON conference league...... :tanguythumb:
That would keep the Tottenham locals happy - given that its where most of the people who live round there seem to come from.
Probably best to delete your post - if Levy sees it he might try to make it happen

Yeah I think even though the refs are a bit adamant to give any decisions now as they would rather leave it to VAR, we really cant be being so naive right in front of the ref!
I'm not sure what the answer is with VAR but i think transparency on all decisions would be a good start , a bit like Rugby where all decisions are explained, also have a time limit as well , if you cant rule a goal out after 60 seconds just let it stand!
I was on the Skysports app a min ago checking out Ref Watch. They were talking about the Newcastle game I think it was, where VAR didn't intervene cause they judged it wasn't a clear & obvious error. That notion proper does my nuts in, exactly the way to overcomplicate something that's simple at heart. Fuck clear & obvious! If they think the ref has made an error, review it...actually, review all the big situations...that's your friggin job you muppets.

And like you said, don't review it for 20 mins, drawing stupid offside lines from a player's toenail. Bring in automated offsides for a start...it's 2024, we have the friggin tech! And for other infringements, you can't decide after 60 sec, yes stick with the original call. Asking a panel of ex-pros for dangerous tackles would be wise too...they played the game, they know better re whether a player did mean to endanger his opponent or whether it was accidental.

Gotta review simulations like the Godfrey and Havertz ones. Should be a straight red + 3game ban.

Ps: interesting how they talked about the Dragu vs Beto duel (shoulda been a pen to he fair) and Johnson vs Harrison in our box...but they somehow forgot to discuss Garner's clear wrestling move on Micky at the other end.

Starting the thread because we confirmed tickets this morning and now you bastards are going to have to put up with me for this one.

Come on you Spurs!

6-0, obviously, because I'm good luck.

:paraticiwink: :ange-arms::sonlol:

Glad you got tickets. Hope you have a great time. Will you meet up with other forum users in the stadium? Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman usually holds court before or after matches in the Shelf Side bar.
In terms of local pubs, the Coach and Horses or the Bricklayer’s Arms provide a fun experience…not a refined experience but an experience.

Glad you got tickets. Hope you have a great time. Will you meet up with other forum users in the stadium? Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman usually holds court before or after matches in the Shelf Side bar.
In terms of local pubs, the Coach and Horses or the Bricklayer’s Arms provide a fun experience…not a refined experience but an experience.
Yes, MemphisWill MemphisWill , if you get time, we meet at The Shelf Bar, opposite Gate 122. Will probably hang around after the game too.
If you don't make it, I hope you enjoy the game :)

In the area outside Block 122, to be precise. (inside the stadium, of course). Knowing who they are will be the hard thing.

Yes, MemphisWill MemphisWill , if you get time, we meet at The Shelf Bar, opposite Gate 122. Will probably hang around after the game too.
If you don't make it, I hope you enjoy the game :)
Will definitely drop in and meet up. Not sure when we'll arrive, Saturday will be hectic as we're landing early AM and need to get into the hotel and freshen up. Aiming for being in Tottenham around 2, but may make it sooner.

I've been to The Bricklayers and The Bill Nicholson, never been to Antwerp Arms or The Coach and Horses. We have, however, developed a tradition for visiting The Horse and Stables in the South Bank, so The Coach and Horses sounds like our place.

:ange-lol:

Back
Top Bottom