Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben is back :tobyarm:

Have the feeling José is playing with an eye on the Champions League game. No Tang, Gio, or Ndombele. Remains to be seen how creative we will be without Gio, a thing that we have struggled with this season.

Strong bench. Not sure how dier gets picked. Must be because lo celso and ndombele are not fit. It’s not like playing with dier actually gives us much more protection. Dele needs a big performance without gio in the team.

Dier and Winks for fuck sake, we already know that it’s something that doesn’t work.

If we are playing 433, which we are, then it’s fine. Not perfect but the balance is there with Winks and Dele either side of Dier.

Ndombele was never going to start, his legs were gone after 10 minutes against Southampton. He should be an impact sub against tired legs for now.

Great to see Davies back and my good man Dier playing = Win

So tomorrow when I update his stats to 5 PL games playing 90 and 5 wins, you can tell me how it doesn’t count because this was actually another unimportant game and we won with ten men.

:dierno:

EQ5gkDjWkAAQXed

Reasonably happy with that, especially with the midweek game and Chelsea following swiftly afterwards.

The depth on that bench, even without Kane, Sissoko, Sessegnon and Lamela bodes well.

Mou is definitely looking toward the CL game. Also he makes subs fast if things aren’t going well unlike what Poch did so can y’all armchair managers please stop the fucking whining for two mins?

This is Villa's lineup. Should be able to find a way though that defence, especially since Mings isn't there.

Strong bench. Not sure how dier gets picked. Must be because lo celso and ndombele are not fit. It’s not like playing with dier actually gives us much more protection. Dele needs a big performance without gio in the team.

Mourinho likes a double pivot - Dier gives space for Winks to go forward and free up Moura and Son. The press isn't so instrumental nowadays. I think it's a deliberate tactical move

I really do hope I'm wrong but I think it's highly likely we'll stink the place out for 45 minutes with that midfield before hopefully getting better in the 2nd half with the addition of GLC or Ndombele.

Back
Top Bottom