Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming nobody recovers except Vertonghen, I guess it will be:

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Eriksen Dier Wanyama
Lucas Llorente Alli

I suppose there is an option to play the back 3 but I don't think our midfield will survive against a rested and energetic Ajax if we play that way. We have to win the midfield battle if we want to get a result.
Sanchez for Wanyama and I think that's the team.

Just seen a picture of the latest training session

2378142_1024x1024.jpeg

I'd like to see Poch risk playing a few youngsters tonight, to match the youthfulness of the Ajax team. I reckon our young'uns could outplay theirs anyday - and we'll be the fresher.

The last time I stepped out to the local sports bar to watch a Champions League match was the Bayern vs. Chelsea shitshow. I was literally the only patron in a German pub cheering for the German team! And look how that turned out.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Poch risk playing a few youngsters tonight, to match the youthfulness of the Ajax team. I reckon our young'uns could outplay theirs anyday - and we'll be the fresher.

I've heard this a couple of times and this is just utterly ridiculous.

You want to chuck a load of kids in to the biggest game that we've had for 4 decades and tell them to "run around a bit" in an attempt to "match" Ajax??

Put out "young uns" at the expense of seasoned veterans who have at least a modicum of experience playing in big games.

What would your team be for tomorrow?

Unless you're talking about some match that's going on between Spurs and Ajax youth tonight - in which case I apologise.

You want to chuck a load of kids in to the biggest game that we've had for 4 decades and tell them to "run around a bit" in an attempt to "match" Ajax??

Put out "young uns" at the expense of seasoned veterans who have at least a modicum of experience playing in big games.

What would your team be for tomorrow?

Unless you're talking about some match that's going on between Spurs and Ajax youth tonight - in which case I apologise.
...but Ajax have already stuffed teams full of 'experienced' players in the previous rounds.

What would your team be for tomorrow?...

Well, my squad certainly would NOT include old-timers like Llorente and Jansen. Dier's also too slow. I'd definitely like to see Skipp play. Foyth would start and Walker-Peters would be in with a chance too. I think you get the idea.

lloris
trippier alderweireld vertonghen rose
winks sissoko eriksen
son kane alli

we'd have more than an outside chance. sooooo pissed off about this grrrrr!

lloris
alderweireld sanchez vertonghen
trippier sissoko wanyama rose
eriksen
moura dele

Please help/ advise -

How best to sell a return flight to Madrid for the final (anticipating Spurs qualification)?

Norwegian Air
Departure 31. May 2019 London-Gatwick LGW Departure 20:10
Departure 2. Jun 2019 Madrid MAD Departure 08:00

Name change on ticket is easily done online or over the phone for £55/ticket.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom