Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You guys sound very pessimistic about your chances. I kinda feel its a 50/50 due to your injuries. Otherwise you would be favorites.

How many of you considered an Ajax - Spurs CL semifinal where Ajax is deemed favorite at the start of this season?

Going to be 2 great games!

Ajacied here. Wanted to wish you the best of luck this match. Stoked like crazy. May the best team go on to the final. My son was born in 2013 and is named after Christian Eriksen.

Llorente stealing oxygen so far, absolute waste.
We had 2 transfer windows to improve the squad, serves us right.
3 Brighton level players in CL semi final.

Fuck me sideways.
Llorente an absolute fraud.
They're just passing the ball around Wanyama like a child.

This is just too difficult to watch me.
Most here mentioned even before KO that Llorente would be useless in this match.
We're absolutely fucked here.
Will be absolutely fuming if Wanyama is still at the club by September.
Imagine if the club signed better players than Llorente and Wanyama.
No idea why am I even angry, I was not expecting anything other than a defeat after reading Wanyama and Llorente on the lineup.

We're paying the price for transfer inactivities at the worst possible stage.
Wtf Trippier
Fuck off Trippier you absolute waste of skin.
Llorente and Trippier have best Ajax players in the 2nd half.
Lucas you're playing a team sport ffs.
Alli is a bit brainless, no?
Trippier just get the fuck out of my club.
Llorente hahahahahahahaha
Our subs hahahahahahahaha
Davies, another Brighton level player that somehow managed to find himself in a CL semis
Well deserved from Ajax, nothing to complain as I wasn't expecting anything from this game.

Roll on summer transfer window.

An absolute pleasure watching a match with you Don Giovanni Don Giovanni as always!

I sincerely hope that whoever the winner of this semi final is, will win the Champions League final too.

Ajax are such a joy to watch (but Tottenham winning is an even bigger joy :eriksenlol:)

Enjoy your half and half scarf.
You dont think Im entitled to support Spurs because I live In another country?

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.

We need to be smart tomorrow......how can we make the entire South stand say To Dare Is To Do, and then refuse to attack with pace?

We need to change it immediately when it goes stale. None of this "stick patiently to the game plan" bollocks.
You know after 15 minutes if its working or not.

We need to improvise, and at times rip up the rule book and try that 25 yard curler........take them on, man after man, and get that ball in the box.
Dare to shoot...dare to put your head in way.....just dare to win this game Tottenham. With style, and remember where you are.

At White Hart Lane, in the semi final of the European Cup, under the lights against Ajax.

If ever there were two clubs that pioneered the modern game, before their time, then its these two. Us in the 50's, them in the 70's. It deserves to be a classic.

Just believe in yourselves Spurs, because tomorrow night, every one of us will believe in you.

Last edited:
We might as well throw in the towel. CL over for another season. Best to accept it. It's almost unheard of for a team to progress from this situation.

I mean, 1 point from the first three games is terrible. We won't get out of the group, better luck next year.

Wait a minute, sorry, wrong thread, my streams lagging a bit.

No one is giving us a chance; the position to be in. In all their confidence, I think Ajax have forgotten we got through a group with Inter and Barcelona, then pummelled Dortmund and got through against City. Again that is a good place for us.

Nobody is giving us a chance against a team half of these so called pundits wouldn't have recognised walking down the street 3 months ago. Pay no attention, it's all based on shallow analysis and pettiness pal.

We all know anything can happen in a game of football but this Ajax team lost 6-2 to a Feyenoord team spearheaded by a grey haired Van Persie, lost 1-0 to Heracles & drew 4-4 at home with Heerenveen only a couple of months ago. They are far from the quality Barcelona & Man City have and we did enough against both of these this campaign to get to where we are right now.

Time to fight, time to stop all the negative nonsense & pranging I keep reading on here and online (not you, just in general). A battle is never won if it's already lost in the mind, we make serious noise tonight, this is a moment we have been waiting patiently for so it's down to us as a club from the players through to the fans to drip every bit of energy and fight into it.

No quiet moments or nerves in the stands tonight, we simply have to roar them on even if there are sketchy moments. Do your part from the stands tonight, no fucking about, this is how we dare to do!!!

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

My train home has been cancelled ... the next one gets me home at 20:15. Damn you, Trans Penine Express.

EDIT: Thanks for the solidarity, Josh

:dierpochhug:

EDIT 2: I should be ok, nothing happens in the first 15 minutes of these CL games, right?

D5a-k53W0AAyyPv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom