Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Members card does just nicely!
I'm seriously thinking of going to either No.8 or the Brickies to watch it... just to walk up the High Road on CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL DAY will be an experience... even though I KNOW it's gonna kill to watch everyone filing in and know I'm not one of them!!

They can afford to be perfect, they're charging £500-£1200 a pop!!

I mean their general sale service for Matchroom fights. Got Joshua Klitschko tickets on there easily. Honestly, thats one thing they have right. It's perfect.

Then there's our system. :angryscouser:

Mixture of our stadium delay and domestic cup fixtures I assume.

I think I don't get the connection. They moved both games, but theirs on Friday and ours on Saturday. My guess was it has to do with our rest between West Ham and Brighton. But honestly I, without medical knowledge of our team, would have preferred the day more before Ajax.

Members card does just nicely!
I'm seriously thinking of going to either No.8 or the Brickies to watch it... just to walk up the High Road on CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL DAY will be an experience... even though I KNOW it's gonna kill to watch everyone filing in and know I'm not one of them!!

They can afford to be perfect, they're charging £500-£1200 a pop!!

State of StubHub

VzR5Leb.jpg

Would anyone have a paper ticket though, also easy enough to dell the dutch from the english for schuuure..

The ST card or a paper ticket used to be enough. I assume it will be easy enough for someone to get in with the phone app now though so it could prove difficult to police.

Quick note on tickets, the system yesterday, and I suspect today had even even more, received over 500,000 log in attempts. That's probably multiple browsers, constant refreshing, and bots all at work. The bottom line is that it simply can't cope, thousands if not tens of thousands of connections are being dropped turning the whole thing into a giant lottery. The club have tried to bring in a vastly better system (like they use for pop concerts and big fights) which uses all sorts of clever tech to queue millions of logons and keep a record of the running order, but that's not happened yet.

In hindsight this should have been done during the transition but over a million attempts to buy just a few thousand tickets? Not sure anyone could have foreseen that coming ... but then maybe they should have.

Where were all these die-hard fans versus Brighton? 792 tickets went unsold on the wheel of doom.

It's a clusterfeck and no doubt someone's going to pay, DL is not the forgiving sort, the only good news is that this season is nearly over and for sure things must change over the summer.

Suggest as many people as possible e-mail feedback, the club is ultra-sensitive to any negative publicity right now so the more e-mails the more likely a decent fix.

What’s the predicted 11?

Depends on who is fit in the midfield but I reckon

Lloris

Trippier
Jan
Toby
Rose

Wanyama
Dier

Eriksen
Ali
Lucas

Llorente

...but depends a bit on Winks and Sissoko. However, both have been ruled out of Sat so I think unlikely to start on Tues. I'd like to see Dier do what he does best and play as a DM who can drop back into CB when our fullbacks bomb forward.

Last edited:
That's not true.

Was told that by my lad that the bums-on-seats was 56,251 ... 500 tickets were not made available for sale (no idea why) 4,519 were no notice no shows, which left 792 offered for sale (by holders) but not sold. I didn't had the pleasure of the wheel so maybe they simply never showed up, although my understanding is that they should have ... the whole system seems like a bit of a screw up ...

Maybe I've got the ST resale bit wrong, my understanding was that ticket exchange tickets popped up on the wheel, is that not correct?

Last edited:
Was told that by my lad that the bums-on-seats was 56,251 ... 500 tickets were not made available for sale (no idea why) 4,519 were no notice no shows, which left 792 offered for sale (by holders) but not sold. I didn't had the pleasure of the wheel so maybe they simply never showed up, although my understanding was that they should have ... the whole system seems like a bit of a screw up ...
Like I said to you before, these would've been tickets available via the exchange, which were only available at very late notice for most people

Was told that by my lad that the bums-on-seats was 56,251 ... 500 tickets were not made available for sale (no idea why) 4,519 were no notice no shows, which left 792 offered for sale (by holders) but not sold. I didn't had the pleasure of the wheel so maybe they simply never showed up, although my understanding was that they should have ... the whole system seems like a bit of a screw up ...
Your lad is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom